• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plane crash in Alps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always found it interesting that while people regard a fire or a car pile-up with horror, or a ferry disaster or hospital clinical murder etc, peoples worst fear has always been reserved for a plane crash.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      ISTR there was some question about the mental state of the driver of the Moorgate Tube train - eye witnesses said he was sat bolt upright transfixed as he drove into basically a brick wall....
      Mrs Eek's dad was the first policeman on the scene...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        If Mental Illness was seen as the same as a cold or broken bone then people would seek help earlier and talk about it more freely leading to a decrease in these kinds of acts.
        Yes, that would be nice. A bit like how it would be nice if gay people didn't have to 'come out'.

But that's not the world we live in.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          What about, say, coach drivers? Nothing to stop a coach driver going off a cliff with a bus full of pensioners on a day trip.
          Tricky one. There is nothing to stop me hacking into people with one of my swords but we have to draw the line somewhere. Intuitively speaking pilots of large planes have more lives depending on them than coach drivers, if a pilot gets depressed he can plant the plane into a city and kills hundreds of people whereas a coach driver would struggle to cause that much damage.

However, if a coach was big enough and a plane small enough then the situation is reversed *shrug*.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I would suggest that proper attention is paid to the mental health of pilots and regular checks and reviews are built into their routines.
            As mental health is subjective and all drivers of any type of vehicle have to have some stress to perform adequately this wouldn't work.

Plus airlines like Ryanair wouldn't have any pilots flying if the stuff about their fuel policy is true.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Most of the denizens here don't have lifes
              Some of us have a life correcting spelling mistakes

lives
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

lives
                Probably, technically it should be "Most of the denizens here don't have a life", as none of us are cats.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

lives
                  As Suity has his own emoticon, van be renamed :SiMac
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    As Suity has his own emoticon, van be renamed :SiMac
                    I was gonna fix that typo but given the subject I'll not
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      You want a mob of 100+ passengers to break down the door, forcibly remove the pilot(s), and take control of the plane? I can't see that ending well.
                      As opposed to being flown into a mountain at 430mph? Could it end worse? I'd rather take my chances with a struggle personally...

Comment

Working...
                      X