• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should fat people be allowed a seat on trains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I've always found that odd, "no-one would offer her a seat". I've seen pregnant women on the Tube loads of times, and have never seen anyone refuse to give up their seat when asked.
    (Visibly) Pregnant women and the elderly shouldn't have to ask in the first place

Comment

I would like to suggest that "fat" is a very generic term that unfairly discriminates against people. There are many reasons for people having weight problems that are not a result of "choice" and with many areas of discrimination, it does disappoint me reading such things and seeing evidence of small minds in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ceebeepps View Post
        I would like to suggest that "fat" is a very generic term that unfairly discriminates against people. There are many reasons for people having weight problems that are not a result of "choice" and with many areas of discrimination, it does disappoint me reading such things and seeing evidence of small minds in the world.
        Wrong, there are only two reasons; too much food and too little exercise.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          WOW!

Comment

In terms of physics, yes (although not even that is so clear-cut when you consider issues such as water retention). In terms of adding anything useful to the discussion, no. There are many reasons for people having weight problems because there are many reasons why people eat more than they need / more than they can metabolise. Your argument is like saying "there's only one reason why people die - because their heart stops beating" - true but unhelpful.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              In terms of physics, yes (although not even that is so clear-cut when you consider issues such as water retention). In terms of adding anything useful to the discussion, no. There are many reasons for people having weight problems because there are many reasons why people eat more than they need / more than they can metabolise. Your argument is like saying "there's only one reason why people die - because their heart stops beating" - true but unhelpful.

Comment

Fat
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Fat
                  I'm in pretty good shape actually.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm in pretty good shape actually.
                    At least on your left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by ceebeepps View Post
                      To be fair this is most of the people on CUK.

I also never knew the Daily Mail made up so many stories until I joined this board.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X