• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    He punched the producers donkey ?????
    Clarkson donkey punched a producer??

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      God, all the bleeding hearts whining about how they like him and therefore it's not fair of the BBC to suspend him

He punched somebody he works with. Of course he should be suspended over it, at the very least. In any normal workplace, he'd be sacked on the spot for that, and the police would probably be involved. The BBC are going bloody easy on him.
      I love Clarkson. But this time he has gone too far.

He was upset as he came to end of filming and there was no food. So he threw a punch at Oisin Tymon - the overall producer. Luckily he is so fat and unfit it did not connect.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        +1
        Apparently Clarkson's company used to own the rights to the show 50/50 with the BBC (not sure where the other two fit into that). He sold them to the beeb in 2012 which sounds like a very smart piece of business to me. [Source: some bird on radio 4 this morning]
        The other two don't fit into that. Clarkson and producer Andy Wilman used to own half the show they created, then took advantage of the BBC wanting to bring things back in house after a decade of moving everything to external production companies. It's only tax payers money after all.

Original Stig Perry McCarthey was on the telly this morning being a right twat and making it sound like punching people in the work place was okay.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Clarkson was a figure that half hated and half liked. He just pushed the boundaries as far as he could. But, the important bit was, his show was entertaining. When I used to watch the show, it felt like my license fee was worth it. Obviously some twats took the show quite seriously and been campaigning to get him and the show dumped and they will all rejoice now.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

So he leave Top Gear. He'll start another programme, Hammond and et al. will join on and he'll still make millions. BBC loses it biggest cash cow and will cry that everyone and their baby needs a TV licence to cover the hole.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Clarkson was a figure that half hated and half liked. He just pushed the boundaries as far as he could. But, the important bit was, his show was entertaining. When I used to watch the show, it felt like my license fee was worth it. Obviously some twats took the show quite seriously and been campaigning to get him and the show dumped and they will all rejoice now.
              This is it. Its no longer entertaining. Its an ego trip for clarkson in particular. Funny as **** they got run out of some southern US state by the rednecks. Of course not a single person on the production realise that porker number plater could be taken as a Falklands reference and of course, no one knew that 'slope' was an offensive if not racial term in indonesia.

That's not entertainment. And its not pushing the boundaries as some have suggested.

Im not arsed if BBC sack clarkson or even the show, I dont watch it any more.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                This is it. Its no longer entertaining. Its an ego trip for clarkson in particular. Funny as **** they got run out of some southern US state by the rednecks. Of course not a single person on the production realise that porker number plater could be taken as a Falklands reference and of course, no one knew that 'slope' was an offensive if not racial term in indonesia.

That's not entertainment. And its not pushing the boundaries as some have suggested.

Im not arsed if BBC sack clarkson or even the show, I dont watch it any more.
                I've not watched the last couple of series. Most of the specials were awesome TV, but the last couple were pretty feeble. Perhaps they're running out of ideas?
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Who wants to watch the show without Clarkson in it?

He should have taken the producer's guts out instead of punching him (With no relation to what actually triggered the reaction! )

OTOH, the only way ahead for BBC ->

Comment

I'm sure C4 would snap him/them up. Or Netflix. Or Dave.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      I've not watched the last couple of series. Most of the specials were awesome TV, but the last couple were pretty feeble. Perhaps they're running out of ideas?
                      True that! The last couple of episodes were a bit bland.

They should throw some casual racism / titties in, IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X