• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am sorry but Savile's beaviour was nothing like Clarksons.
    And I agree with you on that - but that wasn't the point being made.

It was that when people go unpunished, particularly when getting support from apologists within the establishment, it creates a god-complex that they can get away with anything.

Do you really think it's the first time Clarkson has torn apart a co-worker. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the first time he had hit a co-worker. The fracas escalated for one simple reason - he thought he could get away with it - because he always has done in the past, because of his "talent".

The same underlying process happened with Saville - apologists praising him for his "talent" turned a evil predator into a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Oh come on! Who's never punched a colleague before???
      Erm ... me?
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

SO Clarkson turned up about 2 hours late for dinner

why was he late - oh yeah he was working late under the instruction of the producer he took a swing at.......

hmmm

dig deeper and see what you find....

Clarkson might be a muppet and an ape but for him to take a swing at you, you have to have tried hard to wind him up...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

why was he late - oh yeah he was working late under the instruction of the producer he took a swing at.......

hmmm

Clarkson might be a muppet and an ape but for him to take a swing at you, you have to have tried hard to wind him up...
          And be someone he thinks he can easily win a fight against?

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            ... The fracas escalated for one simple reason - he thought he could get away with it -...
            The guy is an arrogant git, but that is unsubstantiated bollix.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

hmmm

He was late because he diverted the helicopter to the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                And be someone he thinks he can easily win a fight against?
                Interesting - Clarkson is actually 53 I think - which is actually quite old.

The person he swing at was about mid thirties....

if you were a betting man you would not back the 53 year old

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  We all have. The rest of of us picked on men. You picked on the 18 year old intern girl. And she kicked your ass afterwards.
                  I prefer shafting contractors to punching them
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The other guy is quite small. But then I suppose Bruce Lee was too.

Comment

It depends on whether the 53 year old was 6'5" and out weighing his opponent by 5 stone or so. However, who I would bet on is irrelevant, what matters is how it felt to Clarkson. If he was clearly bigger than his target and did not feel like his age would be the deciding factor then he would be far more inclined to have a pop.

Do you really think he would have thrown a punch at Mike Tyson if he was somehow responsible for Clarkson being given cold food rather than a steak?

Comment

Working...
                      X