• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    well said.

he may be offensive, but that's different
    He offends the type of people who deserve to be offended
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I worked with someone on and off between 1992 and 2004. He wife and Clarkson's wife were best friends. They close by in Fulham then Oxfordshire.

Jeremy has much to fear from his wife. Her father was a very tough war hero and she has a mean streak.

You should feel sorry for him on the home front. In fact it might explain his ladish behaviour elsewhere....
      His home front is suffering because of his infidelity.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So Clarkson makes stupid jokes? And Prince Philip is a racist?
        Pretty much so, Phil the Greek is a real tit.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Prince Philip is thick due to inbreeding, which is why all their children were encouraged to marry commoners.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
            Pretty much so, Phil the Greek is a real tit.
            that's both racist and sexist.
            with a bit of Philistine thrown in
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              You probably think that about everyone who is more succesfull and more interesting than you.
              So you would be happy if any of us punched you then.

When are you next attending a CUK meet up?

I have a vision from the airplane film of the people lining up to sort out the hysterical girl....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Prince Philip is thick due to inbreeding, which is why all their children were encouraged to marry commoners.
                And then the first commoner started shagging a ginger army officer and look what happened.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with Philip to comment whether he's just incredibly insensitive, or racist.

However I don't think that making a joke about someone's physical appearance is racist. If I went to Africa and people jokes about me being "the white boy" and "be careful in the sun, you'll get burned" I wouldn't assume they were racist.

Of course, racist people DO make these jokes too. But surely friends of different races make fun of each other on racial grounds all the time as part of normal banter, just as two friends who are straight and gay will often insult each other in a way which an outside observer would find utterly appalling.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Good plan! That worked out well!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      that's both racist and sexist.
                      with a bit of Philistine thrown in
                      That's very kind of you to say so, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X