• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election quandary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP : not really into the whole racism stuff having a mixed race family
    Nothing racist in their official policies and I think most UKIP voters are not bothered what colour/race somebody is, just as long as they are a significant net benefit to the UK. You just can't guarantee that with a free migration policy. Mind you, being a bit of a hypocrite here, I'm not that keen on some UKIP social views, gay marriage etc. People should do what they like with their lives (and their *rses) as long as there is no major impact on others.

Unfortunately, when we vote we have to make a difficult judgement. Never going to be any party that has policies we agree with in every area. Pity we can't have an election for every minister separately. Much better.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'm holding my nose and voting tory..

granted I'm a lib dem at heart but most seats only have 2 parties with any chance of winning and unless you vote for 1 of them you really are just wasting your vote...
      That's how I regard Ukip, but then where I am situated Labour has a stranglehold, and insofar as I consider any vote to be wasted, that applies all the more so with Labour. In a way, it delegitimises them to gain power with so few votes actually backing them. I don't put any faith in any of the parties, because even if they are earnest in their commitments (a huge if for Labour and the Tories), the political process will slowly erode that away. However, for the time being, I consider the Tories to be the least bad choice of three wasted votes, and I'd rather Ukip over any of them, until the Tories shape up. It's a really stupid ritualistic process, and is so destructive to long-term growth in this country... 3 years of very short-termist government followed by 2 years of pre-election gear up and campaigning. Ideally, I'd like to see the Tories see through their 'austerity' package, with Ukip there to exert pressure on them to re-orient rightwards economically and offer a referendum on the EU.
      Last edited by Zero Liability; 9 March 2015, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Isn't she the greenie?
        I thought the one on the right was the greenie? OK, who's the one on the right?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
          For the first time in years I have no idea where my vote is going this time round.

Conservatives : went back on their repealing IR35, the new agencies reporting stuff seems like it could be damaging in future.

Labour : wouldn't trust them to run a bath never mind the uk.

UKIP : not really into the whole racism stuff having a mixed race family.

Is the monster raving loony party still around these days?
          It doesn't matter who you vote and who gets in, HMRC will tell them what their tax policy is.

It's going to be too close to call hence the likelihood of some unholy alliances that will stop most of the country getting what it actually voted for.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            Because advocating an immigration policy copied from the Australia makes them Nazis?

mmmmk

Green or UKIP are the only honest choices. Labourservatives? Same old faces, same old shambles.
            So by voting Ukip you'll be voting Tory seeing as around 65% of voters in 2010 who voted tory will now possibly vote Ukip. Ukip is more Tory than the Conservative party, look at the defectors and their backers...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I thought the one on the right was the greenie? OK, who's the one on the right?
              The Welsh party.

(I can't be arsed trying to spell it or googling the correct spelling)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                So by voting Ukip you'll be voting Tory seeing as around 65% of voters in 2010 who voted tory will now possibly vote Ukip. Ukip is more Tory than the Conservative party, look at the defectors and their backers...
                That may well be the intention for voting for them, i.e. disillusionment with the Tories (or in some cases, Labour.)

Comment

Let us get something straight about Greenies. they are not nice or well meaning people. they are crude opportunist manipulators. They have hijacked a cause that stirs the guilt in most of us and they have set themselves up to be the exclusive owners of that cause (the environment) - the judge jury and executioner of all things environmental. We want to feel good about ourselves and to show that we care for our environment so we have a benign view of them. Their real agenda is extreme left wing control - no different from your average religious nutter. The self loathing left wing destruction of all that is good about the UK is their real motive. They think that no one will question them because "they mean well". The reason they cannot answer simple questions to the nasty Nick ferrari or Andrew Neil is because their policies are evil and do not stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

They support almost anything that is anti british culture whether it be the murdering women hating nutters of ISIS or Putin. They want open doors immigration and the removal of armed forces. These are nasty and destructive policies that are not there by any sort of accident. The Greens are dangerous people and should be treated as such
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Stand for the Offical Loony Party | The Official Monster Raving Loony Party

Only £500 to stand. And you get a copy of the electoral roll (on floppy disk??? ) for your troubles. You could flog that off to some Nigerians and come out in profit.

Quite an interesting read

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Stand for the Offical Loony Party | The Official Monster Raving Loony Party

Only £500 to stand. And you get a copy of the electoral roll (on floppy disk??? ) for your troubles. You could flog that off to some Nigerians and come out in profit.

Quite an interesting read
                      Yes, I just read that too. Tempting! I was going to join, but I think my loony name needs a little consideration.

Comment

Working...
                      X