• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM for Prawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM for Prawn

Hello flower,

Listen I was dragging my flu ridden arse through Gatwick earlier and they wos selling krug for 500 pound a pop.

Now, here's me question. If I bought a few of these (at best price, not from the airport) and chucked em in the loft until I retire, would they be a good retirement nest egg?

Or, if as I very much suspect is the case I'm a and this won't work, but what could you buy now, store in the attic that would be worth a few quid in say 25 years time?

Cheers Bud.

Hope your well

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    what could you buy now, store in the attic that would be worth a few quid in say 25 years time?
    I have some magic beans for sale. Very good price for you sir

Alternatively, how about one of these:

When Luton gets invaded you can quickly strap it to your chimney. Best investment you'll ever make.

Comment

My wine investments are very short term.

Comment

Hello flower,

Listen I was dragging my flu ridden arse through Gatwick earlier and they wos selling krug for 500 pound a pop.

Now, here's me question. If I bought a few of these (at best price, not from the airport) and chucked em in the loft until I retire, would they be a good retirement nest egg?

Or, if as I very much suspect is the case I'm a and this won't work, but what could you buy now, store in the attic that would be worth a few quid in say 25 years time?

Cheers Bud.

Hope your well

Suity
        Firstly

Fine wine as investment is pretty tricky nowadays, but the following points are worth noting:

1 Professional Storage is key. Both from a security (ie Fakes are rife) and longevity of the wines (perfect storage conditions)
        2 Wines have a drinking window so please check your wines, Bordeaux for instance can age for 50 years or more whereas champagne usually shorter
        3 Most professional storage units require cases of 6 or 12 as a minimum

One other thing as traditional sales of Bordeaux decline, people are moving into Champagne and prices are rising, so value is pretty hard to find in the vintage markets at the mo.

imo

Comment

Storing krug. No for 2 reasons.

a. Its for drinking
          b. In a few years it will about as good as asti.

risking some decent bordeaux en primeur can work. I only drink it though. If you are planning to sell it will cost a small fortune in cellarage in order to maintain provenance.

Comment

No expert on wine but sure a loft ain't the place. Mine gets bleeding hot in summer.

PS Are you sure your arse hasn't just got a cold?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hello flower,

Cheers Bud.

Hope your well

Suity

Madeline Mccann?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have children. I am sure they will look after you I your old age.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Have children. I am sure they will look after you I your old age.
                  Are you saying that his brood isn't his?

Comment

Is it now time to conclude that Suity has completely lot the plot ?

I cannot figure out what the heck this post is all about.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X