• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and Agile (XP)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    What teams don't do that? None that I've ever been part of.
    There is a common theme there...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Using Windows XP is clear evidence of being told what to do. If you really want to look independent, use Vista.
      Good advice I'm think of switching to Windows 3.1 to really prove my independence. Anyone got a 3.5inch drive I could attach to my macbook?

I note that a few replies have assumed Scrum. That's probably due to the way most companies seem to think Agile implies Scrum, so a fair assumption (although not in this case). With any luck, companies will soon move on. Using a fixed methodology to achieve agility seems to me to be oxymoronic. I've often been in retrospectives where it's been obvious that a more ad hoc process can be beneficial.

In terms of D&C, however tasks are allocated, there's still the "how" that's significant. But I'm guessing it's standard that contractors within a team have to follow team practice!

Comment

Will the pair test be purely functional or also include some kind of standards assessment?
        Beyond a general solution architecture, will the choice of how something is developed be your choice?

Comment

Working...
        X