• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game over for Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    A hung parliament is again very likely except this time, the Liberals will have fewer MPs

UKIP will take a notable percentage of the vote, and will far eclipse the SNP in the number of votes but will be lucky to get past having two MPs

This leaves the Tories with little leeway for a coalition, and I just can't see them managing to get a majority in parliament on their own
    Neither party has to get a majority of seats in the house.
    They may form a minority government if they are the largest party, even against the wishes of the other parties. Then they may call another election in September 2015.
    This is probably what the Tories will do. The Tories will almost certainly win a second election.

If Labour has the most seats without a majority then they will try and form a government with the SNP.
    I do not think that the SNP being part of the national government will go down very well though so I think it will fail.

Comment

I think coalition politics is here to stay. The Tories will find it difficult to win outright as long as they remain hatted in the North and Scotland. I would expect a majority of the recent migrants to also vote Labour so we could also see the Tories struggle in London and other Large English cities.
      Personally I hope the small parties, UKIP and the Greens, do quite well and demand electoral reform (Proportional representation) as their price for supporting any future govt.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Once the election campaigns get into full swing the tories will increase their vote substantially. Labour just don't have a pitch to deliver and that will become very clear to the electorate.
        Yes they will. I think that the Tories will win a majority of seats and form the next government.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
          I think coalition politics is here to stay. The Tories will find it difficult to win outright as long as they remain hatted in the North and Scotland. I would expect a majority of the recent migrants to also vote Labour so we could also see the Tories struggle in London and other Large English cities.
          Personally I hope the small parties, UKIP and the Greens, do quite well and demand electoral reform (Proportional representation) as their price for supporting any future govt.
          Yes, that would make things much more interesting and more representative of the electorate.

Comment

There is only so many times Ed can go through a speech based on nothing but waffle like "going up and down the country, listening to people on their doorsteps".

They were banging on for years telling everyone that the economy would not turn around and now it has they are fecked, they should have learned their lesson from telling everyone there was never going to be a bust.

Comment

There is only so many times Ed can go through a speech based on nothing but waffle like "going up and down the country, listening to people on their doorsteps".

They were banging on for years telling everyone that the economy would not turn around and now it has they are fecked, they should have learned their lesson from telling everyone there was never going to be a bust.
              hard to feel sorry for them, they compounded the problem, screwed the electorate and then want to come back.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thsi is a good summary of the feeling in Scotland and why Labour preferred suicide to the national interest.

Ian Bell

FPTP suited the big parties in the past but now that they are polling around 30% each then it makes sense that to give better representation to voters would mean a PR system

Comment

Ian Bell is a feckin moron, best ignored.

Comment

I am sure there are enough self loathing liberals to keep labour in the hunt plus lots of class warriors in the North. To be fair to the Tories they could have kept their heads down in the scottish Independence debate knowing that labour and SNP MPs would be out of the equation come the next election.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Can they not focus on "we're in more debt than when the Tories got in power"? Or is that not actually true?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X