• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SNP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    There is literally zero chance of a Tory-SNP coalition. In terms of coalitions, the most likely outcomes are SNPLab, SNPLibLab and SNPLab+a broader coalition of the left (Plaid Cymru etc.). Either way, it will be a deeply unpopular gov't for most of England and I struggle to see it lasting the fixed term parliament. The interesting thing about this election is the degree of sensitivity in the final results to a small shift in the number of seats, including the SNP factor. Also, there's typically some move to the incumbent leading up to the election, but that is very debatable this time.
    I don't think it be deeply unpopular for most of England. A lot of English voters said on Twitter they wish they could vote SNP after Nicola Sturgeon was on Question Time, despite the audience being loaded against her. I didn't realise there were so many Tory voters in the north east of England.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      More proof that we need to kick the deep fried haggis spongers out of the union.

Except for MInestrone...
      You are welcome to him.

Funny how we were lovebombed during the Indyref, all pleading for us to stay in the Union and now that it looks like we will have a say in Westminster you are all saying it won't be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        I don't think it be deeply unpopular for most of England. A lot of English voters said on Twitter they wish they could vote SNP after Nicola Sturgeon was on Question Time, despite the audience being loaded against her. I didn't realise there were so many Tory voters in the north east of England.
        People on twitter are fruitloops. Having salmond or sturgeon as deputy leader of the government is unpalatable to vast majority of English. It wont wash and the tories will be reminding everyone of this in weeks to come, also that Sinn Fein have admitted that labour courted their MPs.

The tories will win a majority, this will happen in the closing weeks like happened with Major.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          People on twitter are fruitloops. Having salmond or sturgeon as deputy leader of the government is unpalatable to vast majority of English. It wont wash and the tories will be reminding everyone of this in weeks to come, also that Sinn Fein have admitted that labour courted their MPs.

The tories will win a majority, this will happen in the closing weeks like happened with Major.
          All the better as that will drive us towards Indyrey2 after the Scottish Parliament elections in 2016

Comment

But Cameron wants SNP to take all the Labour seats. If he ends up with the most seats but no majority, and the LibDems get wiped out, who IS he going to side with?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Yes but the mechanics of how the parliament works makes it very difficult to rule with a minority.
              Much the same was said 5 years ago before the current coalition. It's been far from flawless, but better than the Labour majorities that preceded it.

Comment

Anyway, for the SNP are insisting they want trident out of Scotland for a deal to be done with Labour which won't happen.

Comment

Anyway, for the SNP are insisting they want trident out of Scotland for a deal to be done with Labour which won't happen.
                  It's all posturing at this stage, all political parties want power and will do almost anything to get it.

Comment

I wonder what the realities are for direct employment and economic activity around those boats being there and all the facilities.
                    I did see some estimates for how long it would take to relocate the lot and they were in years and billions.

Comment

Given the mottly crew of left wing idiots in the other parties the Tories best option would be to let them go ahead and ruin the country once again. Maybe then by the time of the next election the electorate would realise just how incompetent these people really are.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X