• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip: migrants full of tulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Maybe that's why the ones in buildings I've worked in seem to tulip up the walls and on the floor, to alleviate this problem.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Maybe that's why the ones in buildings I've worked in seem to tulip up the walls and on the floor, to alleviate this problem.
      Good point, UKIP are way off the mark here.

people who don't know how to use a toilet can't be blamed for putting pressure on the sewage system.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Immigration: The Polish paradox | The Economist

Polish entrepreneurship in Britain contributes to economic growth

The truth is Polish Engineers come and work as Engineers, Polish doctors work as doctors, and polish shelf stackers work as shelf stackers. The fact that high percentage have a University education means nothing less than a lot of them are working in professional jobs or setting up their own companies.
        Not many Polish engineers come here
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Not many Polish engineers come here
          Got any figures to back that up?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Got any figures to back that up?
            I cannot be bothered. May I suggest that you look up skills mobility in the EU and I think you will find that "high end" skills mobility is very low.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              I cannot be bothered. May I suggest that you look up skills mobility in the EU and I think you will find that "high end" skills mobility is very low.

Typical rightie answer, can't be bothered and would rather someone else does the work for them
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Typical rightie answer, can't be bothered and would rather someone else does the work for them
                I am an agent remember.

Comment

Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who brought prosperity - Home News - UK - The Independent

I know many Polish people who are working for big banks, universities, hedge funds and other reputable jobs,” Mr Szwed says. “But people just talk about Polish people being builders.”

Mr Szwed’s company, Best Foods, now supplies most of Britain’s major supermarkets, including Iceland, Morrisons and Asda with meat and vegetables for ready meals.
                  Personally I meet a lot of Eastern Europeans who work in banks, consultancies and media companies, one or two of them have PhD's. We've just recruited a Software Engineer from Bulgaria, great guy. Half of the team are now in Romania, but they actually work there. They're the "offshored resources" and then in the Irish office there are a few Eastern European Engineers.

So in my company alone at least 25% of the Engineering team is from Eastern Europe, which contradicts the idea that there are hardly any Engineers from Eastern Europe.

Funnily enough I haven't met any Eastern Europeans working at the tills in Starbucks or MacDonalds.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 March 2015, 07:43.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who brought prosperity - Home News - UK - The Independent

Personally I meet a lot of Eastern Europeans who work in banks, consultancies and media companies, one or two of them have PhD's. We've just recruited a Software Engineer from Bulgaria, great guy. Half of the team are now in Romania, but they actually work there. They're the "offshored resources" and then in the Irish office there are a few Eastern European Engineers.

So in my company alone at least 25% of the Engineering team is from Eastern Europe, which contradicts the idea that there are hardly any Engineers from Eastern Europe.

Funnily enough I haven't met any Eastern Europeans working at the tills in Starbucks or MacDonalds.
                    I have.

I've met them working everywhere in highly skilled roles to cafes.

Then again if you have a degree in an arts subject regardless of what country you are from you are going to find it difficult to get a decent job.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      I have.

I've met them working everywhere in highly skilled roles to cafes.

Then again if you have a degree in an arts subject regardless of what country you are from you are going to find it difficult to get a decent job.
                      That's true arts graduates working in Starbucks or MacDonalds.
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 March 2015, 09:30.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X