• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff I want but can't bring myself to buy just yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Aren't they the #1 wedding gift list item in cloggers?

Someone on the mainland was raving about them the other day.
    I sincerely doubt it, as they don't do cooking here at all. It's summat you buy if you're serious about cooking.

As the cloggies are such tightwads they wouldn't fork out the 800 or so euro for one.

I'd say a deep fryer is more likely.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I would love a proper Aga/Rayburn. But a wood burning stove would come higher up the list... sadly I'm not sure either is feasible in our house really
      Having seen the running costs of an Aga I'll skip the option. Get a decent range cooker instead...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
        I know what you mean, I've been meaning to upgrade my D40 to something like a D7100 but can't justify it with the number of photos I take. Bought a 50mm f1.8 lens last year which rekindled my interest a lot though
        Camera's are something that just get replaced in my world. Currently have the a77 ii as I picked it up for peanuts (well £200 after selling the bundled bits) on the bay..

I do want a tamron 150-600 for birds and stuff but haven't seen one cheap enough yet. Will probably buy later this year when one of my other projects starts bringing in cash..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Having seen the running costs of an Aga I'll skip the option. Get a decent range cooker instead...
          It's mainly the joy of burning stuff - which could be satisfied with a stove (or an open fire) much more usefully.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A carousel horse. I really want one.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              A carousel horse. I really want one.
              Is that like a pro version of a Rabbit?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
                I know what you mean, I've been meaning to upgrade my D40 to something like a D7100 but can't justify it with the number of photos I take. Bought a 50mm f1.8 lens last year which rekindled my interest a lot though
                When I buy my DF I will sell you my D7000!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Is that like a pro version of a Rabbit?
                  Not in my world...
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    When I buy my DF I will sell you my D7000!
                    Although I could go straight to the DF seeing as it's got my initials in the name

"yeah, they just made it, like, specially for me, you know..."
                    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                    X