• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What percentage of Wales is on Welfare?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
    It must be around 97% surely?
    19% of the working age is on welfare.

I know this because I asked Google:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Wh...NoKC7gawtIH4Bg

http://www.assembly.wales/Research%2...33-English.pdf

And most of those are in South Wales.

Comment

Is it or am I wrong?

I have no problem with the Welsh or Welsh language or culture, banter is ok but this is a bit OTT surely?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Is it or am I wrong?

I have no problem with the Welsh or Welsh language or culture, banter is ok but this is a bit OTT surely?
        Really?

A 'friend' of mine said its compulsory to have been on Jeremy Kyle at least once before your 18 if youre welsh?

Comment

Really?

A 'friend' of mine said its compulsory to have been on Jeremy Kyle at least once before your 18 if youre welsh?
          You are a ffwl sarhaus and fully justify having to pay to go to Wales when it's free to get into England.

Still look on the bright side: you prove that "pob tyn twll sais" is totally accurate.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cant we get them fighting the Zulus again ? That was good fun that was and it gets the unemployment figures down.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
              It is a shame what happened to Wales after the pits closed. It's as though the heart was ripped out.
              Wales is really nice as a country.

There are some really struggling places though in mid-Wales and the North West.
              It's true however problem was 2 fold

1) It was no longer economically viable
              2) Digging rocks out of the ground with your hands is not really something a 1st world country should be doing in the 21st century.

Not even going to go on about miners lung and god knows how many other awful ailments are got from that sort of labour.

Having said all that I love Wales - I live quite near the border near North Wales and spent a large number of cub camps on the fields near St Asaph and in fact just last summer we went for a few days break in Caernarfon and it was lovely.

And so were the people!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                ...and it was lovely.

And so were the people!
                Have to say, we found the same...When my family came out over the Summer when I was working in Swansea, we seriously considered relocating. But it seems even more cut off than where we currently are on the south coast, so that put the kibosh on the idea.

It is a real laugh at work, everyone appears to have a wicked sense of humour, and the Welsh are very chatty, which is refreshing compared to where we currently live.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  We're lulling you into a false sense of security.

Watch out for packets of fava beans & bottles of chianti.
                  Have to admit, I was a bit suspicious...No one can be that nice all the time.

Comment

most welsh people work at mcdonalds/BK or car wash places
                    So you're saying true unemployment in Wales is actually quite low, if most of them have jobs?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Really?

Are you getting your retaliation in early before England lose to Wales this weekend?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X