• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay for falling Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    That's a very expensive ferry ticket. I think we used to pay a tenner when we did a booze (well Auchen Ketchup) cruise....
    It's with car, on foot it must be much cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I was working in Helsinki a while back and found it quite cheap compared to other Scandinavian countries, even in the posh hotel I was in. There are a lot of Russians there though as St. Petersburg is within driving distance.
      The only place I can think of is the Euro Hostel

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        It's with car, on foot it must be much cheaper
        Still expensive that was a tenner 2 adults in the car. The money was made on the overpriced duty free we never bought....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You should have a look on the foot passenger ferry to Estonia during the weekend. People literally taking trolleys on board totally loaded up with cheap (and may I add, tasty) beer on the way back.
          Fins in the west go on booze cruises to Sweden, they don't leave the ship when the rest disembarks in Sweden, they stay on board and stay drunk
          I know a Finn who periodically takes an estate car on the ferry to Estonia and comes back with it maxed out capacity wise. Apparently Estonian prices on spirits, wines and beer are cheap compared to the UK, so to a Finn they're practically paying him to drive it away.

Comment

You should have a look on the foot passenger ferry to Estonia during the weekend. People literally taking trolleys on board totally loaded up with cheap (and may I add, tasty) beer on the way back.
            Fins in the west go on booze cruises to Sweden, they don't leave the ship when the rest disembarks in Sweden, they stay on board and stay drunk
            Sweden's hardly cheap though - just cheap in comparison
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Finns love drinking too, no idea how they afford it especially as they like shots.
              They drink vodka!

Comment

Does that mean I should order my v1@gr@ online from Europe instead of buying it at my local massage parlour? OR even better, buying it from Europe and then pushing it to my permies?
                Last edited by petergriffin; 26 January 2015, 14:51. Reason: sp311ing
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  They drink vodka!
                  Making shot glasses out of ice is fun.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                    Does that mean I should order my v1@gr@ online from Europe instead of buying it at my local massage parlour? OR even better, buying it from Europe and then pushing it to my permies?
                    You mean selling?! Sounds good for a plan B

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                      If you use too much you could get a permie!
                      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                      X