• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you one of the 70% who ARE NOT a "Hard working Family"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well unless your spouse died it is ultimately a choice, even if a seemingly obvious one
    Or ran away.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Or ran away.
      Sorry, very true. And not even that rare.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

'They bribe their voters with other people's money in order to secure enough muscle over the remainder in order to wield power for a few more years. It's as simple as that.'

Stunningly accurate description of what happens...

Leads to shocking short-term reactions too. Gordon Brown was saying exactly the same today, cant get cash for longterm infrastructure spending because of the risk of new gvnmt changing the rules.

China has many problems but they are able to take a very long view in some cases (not always the right view but not a 3yr cycle to appease the unwashed)

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          'They bribe their voters with other people's money in order to secure enough muscle over the remainder in order to wield power for a few more years. It's as simple as that.'

Leads to shocking short-term reactions too. Gordon Brown was saying exactly the same today, cant get cash for longterm infrastructure spending because of the risk of new gvnmt changing the rules.

China has many problems but they are able to take a very long view in some cases (not always the right view but not a 3yr cycle to appease the unwashed)
          Yes but God-Gordon abolished the natural 9 year cycles himself. He told us so.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Well unless your spouse died it is ultimately a choice, even if a seemingly obvious one

I guess the point is that no other arrangements are referred to as lifestyle choices by the Chancellor.

I actually believe that no lifestyles should be subsidised, but if there is a gripe about societal breakdown, and you are going to use the tax and benefits system to change people's behaviour in other areas, then maybe it should be used to support lifestyle choices that tend to have better outcomes for the next generation (note I didn't say "always have better outcomes") rather than reward those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
              I actually believe that no lifestyles should be subsidised, but if there is a gripe about societal breakdown, and you are going to use the tax and benefits system to change people's behaviour in other areas, then maybe it should be used to support lifestyle choices that tend to have better outcomes for the next generation (note I didn't say "always have better outcomes") rather than reward those that don't.
              Clearly the choice that best supports the next generation is to not have children. Big tax breaks for single, childless people I say.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post

Indeed and this is exactly why the uk is going down the pan.

If a long term project is kicked off by one government it should be support by successive governments but instead they either close it down or run it so badly it fails - and then they use that as ammunition to diss the previous government.

It really is like watching children squabble over toys.

Take the poll tax - ok Maggie implemented it but the next labour government put it up and blamed Thatcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
                  I just have to get this off my chest before I go mad

So my question to Mr Cameron, Mr Milliband and all you other f&*kwits who KEEP BANGING ON ABOUT THEIR POLICIES TO HELP HARD WORKING F&*KING FAMILES is

What are you going to do for the other 31.3 Million (or 69.6%) of us who ARE NOT part of a hard F*^king "working family" which by the way is a completely made up piece of political wank demographic that is impossible to define anyway?

Maybe I should buck my ideas up as a moderaitely hard working cohabiting person with no dependent children to court the attention of the above mentioned political muppets!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I have no interest in working hard, and never have had. Why we should be expected to pander to the "needs" of those who are too dumb to find an easier way of living, I do not understand.
                  Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I made about £5000 on the CHF/GBP readjustment last week. No work involved there.
                  "Hard-working families" are hard-working because they are only just keeping their noses above the water. Those of us lucky enough not needing to slog don't need help from the government, we're doing OK already.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X