• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glamour model opposes topless picture demise in The Sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Why would someone have a right to dip into my pocket to fund the NHS against my will?
    Because it's the law that the state is entitled to tax you. It's not the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

Sheesh.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If Page 3 goes, it's a purely commercial decision by Murdoch and his lackeys.
      WHS. It's just like the hoo-haa over OUP banning sausages in their books. It's a commercial decision; they can design their products to suit their market in whatever way they want. It's nothing to do with rights or freedom of speech.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        WHS. It's just like the hoo-haa over OUP banning sausages in their books. It's a commercial decision; they can design their products to suit their market in whatever way they want. It's nothing to do with rights or freedom of speech.
        I doubt much at all those leftie accademics do has to do with business.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Ho Ho.
          Just you try selling no-gay B&B rooms in pounds and ounces
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Ho Ho.
            Just you try selling no-gay B&B rooms in pounds and ounces
            I've never understood why that B&B owner didn't just decorate all their rooms in clashing colours, that would have got rid of the prospective gay guests in a flash.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Because it's the law that the state is entitled to tax you. It's not the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

Sheesh.
              Sorry to be pedantic but:
              There isn't a law that specifically says that you can't. Therefore it is the law that you can appear topless in a privately owned company's newspaper.

That doesn't mean either that you must or that they must let you.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Sheesh.
                Well, all you did was just rephrase the question to say "why is it legal..." instead of "why does one have a right..". Just saying - so long as they're completely arbitrary, it doesn't make much sense to wonder why someone would suppose that had a right to <any random thing>. Not important to the point at hand.

Ofcourse, *I* would say that of course she doesn't have a right. But like I said, I think she really meant that other people shouldn't be campaigning to get her career shut down on some kind of moral basis.

Comment

Who cares, you've still got the Daily Star (Or Morning Star for hard core lefties):

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's back

Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X