• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portavble blu ray player with screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    That's the old conundrum, portability vs quality. When there's a bandwidth consideration the quality goes 1st.
    On the other hand Netflix is pretty darn good. I have never done a side-by-side comparison but on our 42" TV I never think "it looks a bit crummy" except for the odd blip at the start of watching something. On my iPad, with a smaller screen, the streaming quality is as good as I could wish for.

Regarding DVD/BR I came to the conclusion that I'm personally happy (morally) ripping my own disc to a different format for my temporary, personal use on a device I cannot physically insert the disk into.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Regarding DVD/BR I came to the conclusion that I'm personally happy (morally) ripping my own disc to a different format for my temporary, personal use on a device I cannot physically insert the disk into.
      I'm happy to do that but I'm lazy and hitting a Usenet group to download a shared version is less work... I don't however download anything I don't have legitimate access to though (and yes it is a dodgy middle line I'm treading here)...
      Last edited by eek; 19 January 2015, 15:34.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
      X