• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil at $20

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    all good stuff imho

plus, it works the greens over, which makes me ver happy
    Why is that? Because of your blind western biased? Saudi are a rich ISIS funding all the terrorists around the world and thinking it has some kind of influence on the region. The reality is that Iran is far superior in terms of it's politics and influence on the region and ISIS Bedouin Saudi is just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      Re fracking. In the US the private land owner shares in the windfall. You'd expect that would also be the case in the UK? Wrong..the uk government is going to pass legislation enabling them to steal it from under the landowner. Disgusting
      The Crown already owns the mineral rights for Coal, Oil, Gas, Gold and Silver for the whole of the UK. The Govt. sells licenses to extract whatever it happens to be to the highest bidder.

For anything else the land owner holds the rights but extraction must be approved in the form of planning permission from the relevant mineral planning authority.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        the Marquess of Bute profited in the 19th Century from coal.
        Funny you should mention him, I was at his (old) house the other day. Nice place it is too. Lucky barsteward.

Comment

There is an oil+currency war going on between USA on one side and China/Russia/Iran on the other.

The US should be very careful at playing this game because China and Russia can, in the event of SHTF, stop using the Dollar for any commodity transaction and create a currency tied to gold (which they have in abundance) and put the US out of business. If then the US decided for war, Russia and China have enough nuclear weapon to retaliate.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            There is an oil+currency war going on between USA on one side and China/Russia/Iran on the other.

The US should be very careful at playing this game because China and Russia can, in the event of SHTF, stop using the Dollar for any commodity transaction and create a currency tied to gold (which they have in abundance) and put the US out of business. If then the US decided for war, Russia and China have enough nuclear weapon to retaliate.
            And Neil Armstrong did not go to the moon.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
              The US should be very careful at playing this game because China and Russia can, in the event of SHTF, stop using the Dollar for any commodity transaction and create a currency tied to gold (which they have in abundance) and put the US out of business.
              Could you talk me through that? I am not necessarily doubting you I am just curious as to how it would work.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Could you talk me through that? I am not necessarily doubting you I am just curious as to how it would work.
                Which one? The currency part or the oil part?
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

It's probably a lot to do with ensuring ISIS cannot distribute oil for profit rather than any geopolitics between Saudi Arabia & Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Funny you should mention him, I was at his (old) house the other day. Nice place it is too. Lucky barsteward.
                    Where ? Mount Stuart ??
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Those who have the time and the brain power can read this (LONG!!):
                      http://www.atomcapital.co.uk/wp-cont...354AR_1114.pdf

You might not agree but what John Butler says makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X