• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you bled the radiators

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Here we have the best products on offer to ward off winter beauty woes" - remember when they used to put something like "Advertising Feature" on top of blatant shilling like this, so nobody was under the misapprehension that it was a news story?

Comment

Got myself one of these.

The house goes upto 23 by the time I wake up and I tend to leave it at 20 in the evenings. SAtisfied!

Comment

Basically, moisturiser is the only thing that will prevent bad skin during the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          Basically, moisturiser is the only thing that will prevent bad skin during the winter.
          Or being young/lucky. I'm both, my skin is pretty impervious to heat, cold, wet, dryness, over/under-washing. All I get is tiny blisters if I sun-bathe sometimes, which is a bit weird.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It depends on your skin type, TBH, and history. Sun damaged skin is more prone to dryness than any other type, irrespective of your age. Basically both radiators and cold, dry air will wreak havoc on any skin type but especially dry/sensitive or combination.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Exactly, 23 degrees! Ours is set to 20 and Im sweating cobs. Missus always says its too cold though.
              My missus put thermo on 18 than blasts the gas fire while sitting on a hot water bottle.
              She than sweats in bed and complains she can't sleep. sheesh!
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                She than sweats in bed and complains she can't sleep. sheesh!
                I suggest that you should sleep in the garage tonight and see if she still complains tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  It depends on your skin type, TBH, and history. Sun damaged skin is more prone to dryness than any other type, irrespective of your age. Basically both radiators and cold, dry air will wreak havoc on any skin type but especially dry/sensitive or combination.
                  This forum seems to have gone all metrosexual again.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    I suggest that you should sleep in the garage tonight and see if she still complains tomorrow
                    If I had a garage or a shed and it wasn't -2 at night, yeah brill.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      If I had a garage or a shed and it wasn't -2 at night, yeah brill.
                      Lounge? Sofa? Kitchen? bathroom? neighbour's bed?

Comment

Working...
                      X