• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who put letters after their name in their Email Sig <POLL>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    For work related stuff I do use MRICS but that is relevant, never use it on personal email as that seems a bit pretentious.

And yes I am still bloody chuffed I earned it
    Yes because in your field it counts.

I have a mate who has a string of pharmaceutical qualifications on his business card. It establishes credibility to those who know what that little lot means.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Is it Mrs Dr Surname or just Dr Surname?
      Frau Dr Surname.

Frau is a tricky one, 'cos it's the form of address you use for all wimmin, not just married ones.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        You should see the sigs in this tuliphole.

in Edumakayshun those letters are all important so the more of them you have the better.

Comment

You should see the sigs in this tuliphole.

My emails don't have one, which is probably a hanging offence.

Fingers & claws crossed.
          I used to work in the Met Office, so it was funny seeing Prof Sir Whatdoyoumacallit KBE, PhD, CEng, MSc, BSc, FRMetS, DL send an email and Joe Bloggs MCSA reply
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            The BSCs make me laugh. Some people must live in a weird other plane where that seems worth mentioning.
            Probably means a lot to them, speaking as someone who's highest qualification is a GCSE
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You think thats bad, Germans don't do that but put the word Doctor in front of their names if they have a doctorate in something or other. Some even have 'Professor Doctor Doctor' if they have qualified in more than one subject, which is just downright idiotic and I make a point of just calling them plain old 'Herr'
              Someone my dad worked with insisted at all times on being called "Herr Doktor Schmidt". Before one client meeting, he said to his assistant "for zis meeting you can call me Otto".

So the assistant referred to him as "Herr Doktor Otto Schmidt" every time.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

6 years at evil medical school my boy.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

FTFY.
                  Fair argument.

Comment

Working...