• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should the UK hungry be helped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    People do move today for jobs.

For example migrants from Poland, Bulgaria and Romania. However I don't want have to keep stepping over people sleeping on the street.
    Almost all those on the street are nothing to do with money. Its other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Why not? I remember at school we had once a fortnight a double lesson called Domestic Science which although was primarily cooking, also taught you the basics of looking after a household. The room ws full of cookers, some washing machines, irons and other household implements. I presume they don't do this at school anymore?

https://archive.org/details/schoolkitchentex00linc
      My hardest lessons were in the school kitchen with domestic science - Telegraph
      BBC - BBC Food blog: Should cooking be compulsory in schools?
      Society pays price for decision to scrap domestic science lessons | Western Morning News

(there was also needlework every fortnight which included knitting, etc. which was, to tell the truth pretty boring apart from the teacher who was, what is nowadays called, a MILF)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Really - "Almost all"

I must remember to tell my brother-in-law he's a liar.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Really - "Almost all"

I must remember to tell my brother-in-law he's a liar.
          What does your brother-out-law do?

I have a friend(yes really!) who helps crisis out going round the homeless. He reckons that most homeless have drug or mental health issues.

Comment

The media love to portray all those in poverty as scumbag parasites. The reality is that many are in real hardship through bad luck coupled with maybe a few bad decisions. Some foodbank customers are in work - but are so badly paid they need the extra help.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            only when they quit their:

sky tv subscriptions
            smoking habit
            drinking habit
            quit owning a car

etc etc etc
            Yes - but we're not just talking about Scots here. The question covers the whole of the UK, which the majority of your countrymen voted to stay in.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Yes, big ones.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
              X