• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is all this money coming from?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    2.5bn for the NHS
    15bn for roads
    1bn loans guarantee for small businesses
    Extra billions for the EU.
    The pledges were made earlier in the year or the year before so it's not actually new money.

They have just publicised them again because there is an election in May.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
      What's your definition of normal people?
      The poor sods on PAYE

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The pledges were made earlier in the year or the year before so it's not actually new money.

They have just publicised them again because there is an election in May.
        I know

It's just sooooo difficult to convey sarcasm and ridicule anonymously on the internet.....

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          I know

It's just sooooo difficult to convey sarcasm and ridicule anonymously on the internet.....
          You know there is a smiley for that!

Comment

It has come from NHS savings and other already allocated payments . It is now that the money has been specifically allocated so there is nothing new about it.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You know there is a smiley for that!
              Yes, but my eyes have been rolling so much lately that they resemble the smiley and that's not the impression that I like to give, even anonymously.

HTH

BIDI

Comment

With all the Russian billionaire accounts and possessions frozen, it's now time to confiscate them so we can pay at least 2 weeks of NHS out of it

Comment

Wait till the new lot get in next year, we'll be able to tax ourselves into prosperity
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

The fact the UK economy is growing? The fact inflation means you have to put more in to get the same effect? The (possible) fact money is being saved somewhere else?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      The fact the UK economy is growing? The fact inflation means you have to put more in to get the same effect? The (possible) fact money is being saved somewhere else?
                      Tax take has gone down.

Comment

Working...
                      X