• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Hughes RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
    I don't know how accurate Bunk's statement was - in any case (as has been stated previously) this very much was a freak accident, and it's unlikely that any modern-day helmet worn by batsmen at a competitive level would've prevented this injury.

People calling for the bowler to be banned from the game are uninformed IMO - it is a perfectly legitimate tactic to bowl short and induce the batsmen to play a false shot and/or lead them to play a false shot further down the line.
    Neither do I to be honest. I'm just going by what I heard some of the ex-cricket players saying on the radio (can't remember exactly who said it, might have been Darren Gough).

People seem to want to blame someone or change something. Sometimes crazy things happen, and you can't try to legislate for them because you won't be able to prevent the next crazy but different thing from happening. It's different to F1 where there is a much larger inherent danger in the sport, and there are always ways to make it safer. The Jules Bianchi crash is a good example of something where people are right to say "how the hell was this allowed to happen".

Comment

Australia being a land of sports fans has a way of showing respect, quite touching really.
      BBC Sport - Phillip Hughes: Australia united in grief after batsman's shock death

Comment

Working...
      X