• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solicitors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    What a bunch of muppets

We get a copy of title transfer documents to review. Apparently this doesn't mean childminding or IT contracting is prohibited at the address.

No dwellinghouse which shall be erected on the said land shall at any time be used for any purpose other than that of a private dwellinghouse and no trade busieness or manufacure whatsoever shall be set up or carried on thereon or any part thereof but the profession of a dental surgeon registered medical practitioner or solicitor may be carried thereon.

how does everyone else read it?
    It reads like the solicitor needs to learn to spell.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      I agree with SE. It doesn't sound like the house is too old if the original builder is still knocking around, but in my experience these things relate to Trades, rather than any trade. To clarify, a Trade would be something such as Blacksmith, Baker, Tanner, Fishmonger etc It's poorly worded, but these things are written at a point in time and can't be amended for modern days. I have the right to take a horse and cart round the back of my place - the modern equivalent being a car (or even a van I suppose) so that's what I use.

I wouldn't fret about it - if acceptable business activity is specifically allowed, you aren't going to have any problems unless you set up a chip shop.
      Built 1961, builder has changed name and consolidated but its basically the same one. They have form for these kind of restrictions.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X