• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Those clowns at IPSE do NOT represent me nor do I recognise their manifesto.
    Regarding this last point, there's a thread over there about how the membership aren't engaged. If you were ipse, what would/could you do to get the likes of us to get involved as members rather than just using it for the insurance?

Comment

That REALLY worries me.

It's a recipe for the agency regs to be changed again to insist that people use FLC's, then the rules, tax treatment and protections for FLC's can be changed independently from Ltd companies. Bye bye any concept of being a true business for very many contractors and hello complicated re-incorporations if a business model changes to say supplying hardware in large quantities.
      The smartarse that proposed that has absolutely NO concept how risky that is, I can see it being another total clusterfvck the same as the "entirely voluntary" Opt Out. It will be a monstrous own goal.

NI and Income Tax merger, seems unlikely to be something that a government will want in reality since they can hide tax policy in NI while lowering Income Tax, unless of course it's introduced for the Contractor subset in which case you can expect the rules to be far from favourable.

Those clowns at IPSE do NOT represent me nor do I recognise their manifesto.
      I have been saying this for weeks. I am afraid this intention is set in concrete over there.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Regarding this last point, there's a thread over there about how the membership aren't engaged. If you were ipse, what would/could you do to get the likes of us to get involved as members rather than just using it for the insurance?

I don't believe the IPSE leadership has any motivation to change, they've years of funding to do whatever the hell they fancy with no accountability because people don't take part, it's got a life of its own now like other political parties.

In truth stop funding them by being members, they claim a mandate from a silent paying membership and can happily trundle along on their private agenda without a challenge.

They really don't care what damage they do to contractors, they will just make excuses (see Opt Out) and ignore the fact that any mandate they had in the past is long gone since they became the back end of an inexpensive insurance scheme.

Comment

I don't believe the IPSE leadership has any motivation to change, they've years of funding to do whatever the hell they fancy with no accountability because people don't take part, it's got a life of its own now like other political parties.

In truth stop funding them by being members, they claim a mandate from a silent paying membership and can happily trundle along on their private agenda without a challenge.

They really don't care what damage they do to contractors, they will just make excuses (see Opt Out) and ignore the fact that any mandate they had in the past is long gone since they became the back end of an inexpensive insurance scheme.
          That's total bollocks, but hey, it's a good rant.

If you're that concerned, get over there and make your case; it's pointless banging on to your fellow sceptics over here. Like it or not, they have the ear of Westminster and can make opinions felt. If you want them to be your opinions, you have to contribute.

Incidentally, everyone on the Board and the CC are working contractors, just like you. I haven't seen any tendencies toward professional suicide from any of them.
          Last edited by malvolio; 4 November 2014, 08:50.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            That's total bollocks, but hey, it's a good rant.

If you're that concerned, get over there and make your case; it's pointless banging on to your fellow sceptics over here. Like it or not, they have the ear of Westminster and can make opinions felt. If you want them to be your opinions, you have to contribute.
            Go back to your website which is paid to lie and fawn to politicians please.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              I think you'll find that was the Tories. And the Lib Dumbs.
              ...and the PCG were not encouraging people to vote for them? If I had time I'd dig up the evidence. IMHO IR35 was less of a threat under Labour and I trust this lot even less.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Go back to your website which is paid to lie and fawn to politicians please.
                Lets be honest they only have their ear as they reflect what the politicians want to here. They want rid of IR35 and a legal mechanism that provides them with the ability to tax people at IR35 like levels.... and guess what an FLC would allow them to do....
                Last edited by eek; 4 November 2014, 09:13.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

But why would they do this? What motivation?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    But why would they do this? What motivation?
                    Political wrangling and the desire to fill their own pockets without thought about who loses out?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Political wrangling and the desire to fill their own pockets without thought about who loses out?
                      So who's getting rich from IPSE?

Comment

Working...
                      X