• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here have a wife who bills more than him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQLSwerver View Post
    When you think about it, wouldn't it be easier to let the Mrs stress out over delivery deadlines for the datacentre migrations, building reporting platforms, etc, while we dump the kids off to school at 8.30, come home, chuck a few bits of meat/veg into a slow-cook pot, do a 20 minute tidy up of the house, nip back out at 9.30, loaf around Caffe' Nero talking crap until 3pm, run the kids back home, bung them some tea/biscuits, go yap on Mumsnet's 'For Stay-At-Home-Dads' sub-forum from 3.30-7.30, start dishing up, give the Mrs a peck on the cheek and a glass of Riesling as she shuffles back in the door, chow down, march the kids off to bed, and sit and watch CSI while the Mrs goes through the bills?, then off to bed for a midnight shag??
    You clearly know nothing about housework, using a slow cooker and caring for children.

Maybe you should let your wife go on holiday for 2 weeks alone while you take 2 weeks off work to look after your children and the house.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You clearly know nothing about housework, using a slow cooker and caring for children.

Maybe you should let your wife go on holiday for 2 weeks alone while you take 2 weeks off work to look after your children and the house.....
      What did you do all day? : KellyMom

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.

As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:

“What happened here today?’”

She again smiled and answered, “You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?”

“Yes,” was his incredulous reply.

She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it.”

Comment

Blah blah whine whine. Misogynistic, recidivist, bulltulip born out of deep seated insecurity and a tiny willy
        Your wife deserves to be paid double what you get for having to put up with such a boor. Ten times that if she actually agrees to couple with you.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My ex gets more than me, but then again the tax man only knows what he needs to know I earn
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The wife is very clever, she can read something and assimilate that knowledge instantly, let's say a holiday itinerary, one scan and it is fully in memory where as I would have to refer back to it again and again. "what time was the bus at?" But if I disconnected the HDMI from the back of the TV we would be listening to the radio for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Your wife deserves to be paid double what you get for having to put up with such a boor. Ten times that if she actually agrees to couple with you.
              Any your wife (if any) would clearly be an extremely smart woman.

Comment

Any your wife (if any) would clearly be an extremely smart woman.
                WTF does that mean?

Any your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  WTF does that mean?

Any your wife.
                  Probably that she's an extremely sly woman.

What the f\ck does "WTF" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    The wife is very clever, she can read something and assimilate that knowledge instantly, let's say a holiday itinerary, one scan and it is fully in memory where as I would have to refer back to it again and again. "what time was the bus at?" But if I disconnected the HDMI from the back of the TV we would be listening to the radio for a week.
                    If she was "that" clever she wouldn't be in a relationship with you. Unless of course you're a hobby, you're someone who keeps her entertained with his foolish japes.

Comment

I don't know how much my wife earns. I care even less. What I earn and what she earns goes into the same pot. The bills are paid and what is left goes into savings.

What's the problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X