• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Powerpoint - "Deck" or "Pack"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect this may be me missing a trick, or something, but the people at my current clientco use the expression 'talk to' in relation to a set of slides. For example 'Derek can talk to this set of slides in the meeting'. Eh?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I suspect this may be me missing a trick, or something, but the people at my current clientco use the expression 'talk to' in relation to a set of slides. For example 'Derek can talk to this set of slides in the meeting'. Eh?
      I suppose it's talk to as in "dance to music", "talk to slides", so the slides provide the background for the talk. Talk - to slides.
      Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Whs. presentation.

Though to be fair I use acetate and an OHP. Old skool.
        I used to do that. I'd make my own transition effects by covering up bullet points with a sheet of paper then revealing them one by one.

Much more fun than hitting the 'space bar'

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          ...I can just about cope with "Pak", but I do have to restrain myself from brutally slaughtering them.
          Presumably because they don't smell like your offspring.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Presumably because they don't smell like your offspring.
            I don't look that old, plus I've still got hair

Admittedly having the abilities of a Protector would come in handy some times, but not sure about the cost...

Comment

Both Deck and Pack, but using PP to deliver Final test report, Really!

Thought that was bad, until I arrived on the next project to see the Project plan had been done by a cartoonist, I kid you not

Now nothing surprises me, funny they were surprised when they realised no one had ordered the hardware and the project had to be put on hold for a few months. They had missed the few gray boxes among the flowers at that quality gate.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I think all my questions have been answered - thanks
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

first time i ever heard them called a Deck was my current contract and that after 15 years of contracting.

Comment

A worm

The ULTIMATE CRUELTY: Sandworm uses PowerPoint against Swiss bank customers
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think I got one of those a few days ago.

Seeeeeeems like our policy of ignoring PowerPoint unless absolutely necessary has unexpected benefits.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X