• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confused Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    I don't know where you got it that they will refuse having business with us. Nobody really knows what the scenario will be if/when Britain leaves the EU.

This is what frightens me. Little England is up in arms against evil EU, but responsible politicians should offer a vision of the consequences would be. It's not just UKIP that have failed to so, no major parties is offering a clear alternative.
    well apart from UKIP non of the parties actually want to leave.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      I'm addressing the argument that they are likely to do so.
      They are not likely to do so. They would still trade, but with added VAT and restrictions. They would trade with other member states first, with China second, the US third, and so on.

SNP lost a referendum because they were not good at projecting the consequences of an exit and banked on nationalism. Kippers are overestimating their influence. They will do well as a political party as long as they remain underdogs, but I doubt they have the skills to convince the non-angry, non-nationalistic electorate.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Or they may maintain zero tariffs etc to avoid the UK targeting other markets.

Comment

Working...
        X