• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How did scientists miss this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    How interesting that something appears that the left don't like that they respond by rubbishing the deliverer of the story.
    So you believe that asbestos "is chemically identical to talcum powder" and that there is no evidence that second hand smoke causes cancer? As one can ascertain, the right believe in anything their gods tell them whereas those that take the time to investigate those claims are automatically labeled as their worst enemy: a leftie Personally I don't see how Booker can write for both the Telegraph and Private Eye (he was a founder and still contributes, probably Street of Shame articles describing how downhill the Telegraph is going) as there's shurely shome conflict of interest...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      So you believe that asbestos "is chemically identical to talcum powder" and that there is no evidence that second hand smoke causes cancer? As one can ascertain, the right believe in anything their gods tell them whereas those that take the time to investigate those claims are automatically labeled as their worst enemy: a leftie Personally I don't see how Booker can write for both the Telegraph and Private Eye (he was a founder and still contributes, probably Street of Shame articles describing how downhill the Telegraph is going) as there's shurely shome conflict of interest...
      What has this got to do with my posting about the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life? Perhaps if we starved you of it we wouldn't have to put up with your irrelevant drivel
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Whether they are liked or disliked is irrelevant. It is more that they have a track record of BS. Do you really want examples of Monckton purveying lies and nonsense, Booker getting it hopelessly wrong and the Telegraph's embarrassing and costly errors of fact?
        just

wrong
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

sorry about the long pause by the way
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            e.

Calling those you disagree with names does nothing to enhance the credibility of your position.
            On the contrary. Considering what my position is I think that slinging insults and abuse WILL enhance my credibility
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I can only assume that Scientists are so keen to push their own agendas that they have ignored a fundamental facet of Science. What are these people being paid for exactly?

Global warming: plants may absorb more carbon dioxide than previously thought - Telegraph

Bunch or crap cut out to save the planet...
              What has this got to do with my posting about the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life? Perhaps if we starved you of it we wouldn't have to put up with your irrelevant drivel
              Lets have a look at what you said above as you didn't actually post about 'the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life' but a comment about it which you then asked a question about scientists and nothing about 'the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life.' I presume that this is the effect of having an IBS sufferer's bowels where the grey matter should be...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Lets have a look at what you said above as you didn't actually post about 'the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life' but a comment about it which you then asked a question about scientists and nothing about 'the effects of CO2 on the growth of plant life.' I presume that this is the effect of having an IBS sufferer's bowels where the grey matter should be...
                My point about scientists was made using evidence from the Telegraph. Quite what it had to do with Christopher Brooker I dont know

Comment

How interesting that something appears that the left don't like that they respond by rubbishing the deliverer of the story.
                  My point about scientists was made using evidence from the Telegraph. Quite what it had to do with Christopher Brooker I dont know
                  As you might not have noticed in your blinkered rightie way, I was responding to the first quote above which admittedly has not much to do with Booker but as others have pointed out he is part of that rightie group who make things up so can be considered as fair game in regards to this thread, maybe we should introduce more righties who pull fairy dust out of the ether and present it as factual.. .

This is CUK general you do realise?

Comment

As you might not have noticed in your blinkered rightie way, I was responding to the first quote above which admittedly has not much to do with Booker but as others have pointed out he is part of that rightie group who make things up so can be considered as fair game in regards to this thread, maybe we should introduce more righties who pull fairy dust out of the ether and present it as factual.. .

This is CUK general you do realise?
                    So are you saying the report in the Telegraph is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The Telegraph sacked all their competent science journalists a while back. This might explain why the article refers to "a team of scientists at Wyoming University" and "lead author Professor Ying Sun, of Wyoming University" when the actual paper (Impact of mesophyll diffusion on estimated global land CO2 fertilization) lists people from the University of Texas at Austin (including Ying Sun), the University of Missouri, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory: but nothing about Wyoming. (A search on the University of Wyoming website for Prof. Ying Sun also draws a blank.)

One can only assume the Telegraph journalists are so keen to push their own agenda that they have missed some rather obvious facts that were there, written down, right in front of them. What are these people being paid for exactly?
                      If you don't like the Telegraph you can read it here instead:

Climate change is being slowed by plants far more than expected, researchers reveal | Daily Mail Online
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X