• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM: To Kate McCaan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    As Churchill just pointed out, you can obfuscate, put forwards absurd scenarios and claim that people are being sanctimonious as much as you like, the facts are the facts (as far as we call tell from the evidence on record).

The McCanns left their 3 small children without supervision while they chose to go somewhere else. One of the children subsequently went missing under circumstances that have never been established.
    The McCanns choice to act in a way that can be described as neglectful of their duty of care as parents led directly to the child going missing. As a result they bear responsibility for what happened to the child that has gone missing.

As a parent I never left my children unsupervised (not some mythical Dodgy Agent interpretation) while they were of an age that they couldn't reasonably take care of themselves. Many other parents on this forum feel, act or have acted the same way with their kids, one or two feel that leaving their offspring unsupervised is reasonable.
    My opinion is that leaving children unsupervised until they're of a suitable age and maturity is neglect, simple as that.
    Where are the bugles and the uniformed brigades to give your ceremonious posturing the pomp and circumstance they deserve?

We all defer to the sanctity of your child rearing skills. I take it if the rest of us dont follow your rules we deserve to have our children taken away from us?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      As Churchill just pointed out, you can obfuscate, put forwards absurd scenarios and claim that people are being sanctimonious as much as you like, the facts are the facts (as far as we call tell from the evidence on record).
      "Don't leave your kids alone in your home because some opportunist kidnapper might walk in and nab one" is an absurd scenario. That is not the reason one shouldn't leave their young children unattended, any more than you should use an example of a cyclist being killed by a psycho dropping a brick off a bridge as a reason why wearing a helmet when cycling is important.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        So they think it is acceptable to leave their kids unattended whilst they go for a drink and you do not. Fair enough. I am somewhere between the two views as are many other people, just as there are many others who think like you and those who are laissez faire like the Mcanns. The point is that the issue of the parents not being there is a different issue just as a young girl dressing provocatively is another issue to whether she gets raped or not. People like you and Churchill who seek to criticise the mcanns for leaving their children (whilst god forbid enjoying themselves!) are clearly trying to imply that they brought it upon themselves.

As there is no point in doing this I can only assume that you do it for other reasons - i.e imposing the sanctity of your own parenting principles on everyone else.

The fact we use the Mcanns position as an excuse for imposing our own views of parenthood is pathetic when the central point is that they have suffered the loss of a child from an abductor who seems to no longer be the cause of the abduction.

It is what has happened in Rotherham where the children have been ignored because of who they are and the criminals have also been ignored because the victims were "asking for it" The mentality is exactly the same.

As for your other comment about the circumstances of Madeleines's disappearance that is an entirely different question. How about dealing with that one on an innocent until proven guilty basis?

All your spurious arguments about Rotherham etc are just deflection from the main point that we are discussing the McCanns and, assuming she was abducted, their lack of duty of care. It wasn't like they just nipped out to the shops for a pint of milk. They were away for at least an hour at a time (if their story is to be believed, and that of their friends). They were drinking and eating with friends and it's quite easy to lose track of time when the wine is flowing.

If they either took the kids with them or stayed in the flat with a bottle of wine, there's an almost 100% chance that they would have 3 kids today instead of just 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          The central point is that they are complicit in the loss of their child!
          complicit
          Line breaks: com|pli¦cit
          Pronunciation: /kəmˈplɪsɪt /
          ADJECTIVE

Involved with others in an activity that is unlawful or morally wrong:
          the careers of those complicit in the cover-up were blighted
          Wrong adjective, it suggests they were aware and involved.

I would accept irresponsible or careless.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Where are the bugles and the uniformed brigades to give your ceremonious posturing the pomp and circumstance they deserve?

We all defer to the sanctity of your child rearing skills. I take it if the rest of us dont follow your rules we deserve to have our children taken away from us?
            You should have your children taken away just for being an agent.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Wrong adjective, it suggests they were aware and involved.

I would accept irresponsible or careless.
              Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                All your spurious arguments about Rotherham etc are just deflection from the main point that we are discussing the McCanns and, assuming she was abducted, their lack of duty of care. It wasn't like they just nipped out to the shops for a pint of milk. They were away for at least an hour at a time (if their story is to be believed, and that of their friends). They were drinking and eating with friends and it's quite easy to lose track of time when the wine is flowing.

If they either took the kids with them or stayed in the flat with a bottle of wine, there's an almost 100% chance that they would have 3 kids today instead of just 2.
                Just as true as Alan henning would have been alive today had he not gone to Syria. I mean after all those Mcanns should have known that British kids are being abducted all the time. It was inevitable that it was going to happen.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  You should have your children taken away just for being an agent.
                  Even social services turned them down and I can leave them for as long as I like safe in the knowledge that no one will abduct them

Comment

Just as true as Alan henning would have been alive today had he not gone to Syria. I mean after all those Mcanns should have known that British kids are being abducted all the time. It was inevitable that it was going to happen.
                    You're reacting like a petulant teenager. Just how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      You're reacting like a petulant teenager. Just how old are you?
                      I am at least explaining my points within contexts instead of posting "last word" statements that offer liittle in the way of logical explanation. The message you give is that people should rear their children as you do or suffer the consequences.

Comment

Working...
                      X