• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FCA to investigate Tesco after £250m accounting error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    For me Tesco is on it's way down, expanded too fast and people are moving to local or cheaper stores.
    You also predicted that Scotland would win independence
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      You also predicted that Scotland would win independence
      Still time...

Comment

Still time...
        You specifically predicted they would win independence in the September 2014 referendum.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You specifically predicted they would win independence in the September 2014 referendum.
          Who am I Nostradamus?

BTW Tesco shares are now down 40% for the year and analysts are saying they are no longer a viable investment.

HTH (a little)

Comment

Who am I Nostradamus?

BTW Tesco shares are now down 40% for the year and analysts are saying they are no longer a viable investment.

HTH (a little)
            You're more like an anti-Nostradamus.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Who am I Nostradamus?

HTH (a little)
              I was thinking short-term really, a one-day drop of 8.5% could well bounce back.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was thinking short-term really, a one-day drop of 8.5% could well bounce back.

When to catch a falling knife?

They will now have to go back over the last few years worth of accounts to double check it. If there are skeletons, then 50p is going to look expensive.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This is a big story with directors being suspended, I would stay out till the dust settles.

Comment

This is a big story with directors being suspended, I would stay out till the dust settles.
                    This. Once bad news starts it takes alot to stop it.

Comment

I know the family of a director in what was once a fairly large engineering company that just before their IPO declared future profits on the accounts on contracts that had just been signed. Bonuses were paid out of course.

The contracts ended up making losses, I would imagine they 'maximised the estimated profits' on each contract as well.

Share price fell by 90%. directors should have been jailed but nothing could be done to them in a case of blatant daylight robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X