• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paging NWP2C and AtW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were they part of SinglePoint AKA Cordwell group? Went for an interview there a good few years back in Crewe.

45+ hour week and taking lunch (other than sandwich at your desk) was frowned upon.

It was a no from me.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      Were they part of SinglePoint AKA Cordwell group? Went for an interview there a good few years back in Crewe.

45+ hour week and taking lunch (other than sandwich at your desk) was frowned upon.

It was a no from me.

qh

I have heard of this place - run by a complete bunch of winkers

on another not so great note Phones4U was a large customer of the company my missus works for......

which may have far reaching consequences on my beer fund

Comment

It was a no from me.

qh
        Singlepoint are now part of the Vodafone group.

The reason they were over working people is that the Caudwell Group was preparing them for sale. linky

If they are like the firms I've worked and contracted for that brought out other firms they probably lied about the number of permanent staff they had and the hours they kept.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          They were still signing people up on contracts and taking iPhone6 pre-orders yesterday in my local Shopping centre, wonder how many of those will be left with a contract but no phone...
          Phones 4u to close - Q&A | Business | theguardian.com

Will customers who ordered the new iPhone 6 from Phones 4u lose their money?

No. Phones 4u has pledged to refund customers in full for any orders that have not yet been despatched. Any mobile contracts bought through Phones 4u in the past will work as normal. While there was grumbling on Twitter from customers who had ordered an iPhone 6 as recently as Friday, the company said it had ceased trading "as soon as practically possible".

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            This is a case of greed and how companies owned by private equity firms love to asset strip and try to bully their way.

According to one article, only EE was supplying them and they came up with terms during contract renewal that was not acceptable to EE. It seems they just walked away from the table. I guess if they have finished with squeezing every penny out of the business they will look to shut it and move elsewhere.
            Any details on what the problem was?

Comment

Anyone looking for a new role after today's unfortunate events at Phones4u, get in contact! We have trainee recruitment consultant and Recruitment consultant positions available!
              As if they've not suffered enough!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It was a no from me.

qh
                Even roast quail and a half bottle of Dom Perignon 2004 at your desk?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Even roast quail and a half bottle of Dom Perignon 2004 at your desk?
                  No just the average contractor staple: Blanquette De Veau and 1982 Château Mouton Rothschild.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

No just the average contractor staple: Blanquette De Veau and 1982 Château Mouton Rothschild.

qh
                    ******* savages.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Thus revealing yourself as an ignoramus.

Rule 1 of contracting: Do not let anyone twig how thick you really are.
                      And then compound the error by using up 3 times as much energy making the excuse as that not used fixing it in the first place

Comment

Working...
                      X