• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I personally hope they do squeak it, that way they can just get on with it and will be unable to blame anyone but themselves if it doesn't go according to plan.
    Don't be silly. They can blame the EWNI for refusing a currency union, the EU for refusing to allow sterlingisation, Spain for putting tough terms into EU membership and the business community for moving some businesses down South.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      To pretend to support YES to avoid violent intimidation, as per your suggestion.
      Of course not. That's small minds receiving more attention than they deserve. They exist on both sides and do not speak for the majority.

Part of me also thinks it would be no different pretending I'm happy with the current constitution whilst being miserable / apathetic.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Of course not. That's small minds receiving more attention than they deserve. They exist on both sides and do not speak for the majority.

Part of me also thinks it would be no different pretending I'm happy with the current constitution whilst being miserable / apathetic.
        So are there NO supporters violently intimidating children for wearing a YES badge?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          So you'll be backing a rotten apple with your tax money whilst maintaining the operations in Scotland.
          No different from the world it is today is it really, globalisation is a magical wonder isn't it
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

So are there NO supporters violently intimidating children for wearing a YES badge?
            I don't know. I've no experience with which to comment. Lock them up I say.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don't be silly. They can blame the EWNI for refusing a currency union, the EU for refusing to allow sterlingisation, Spain for putting tough terms into EU membership and the business community for moving some businesses down South.
              Sorry OG you are quite right but according to Salmond's masterplan it'll all be OK, there's no way anyone can say No to Scotland and it's oil
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yup, never underestimate the ability of the average Jocko to find victim-hood in every under every excuse.
                Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

There are lots of things that have to be split, will cause problems or the Scottish won't be able to participate.

For example the Scots won't be able to play the National Lottery or the Euromillions. They will have to set up their own lottery first then join the Euromillions.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    For example the Scots won't be able to play the National Lottery or the Euromillions. They will have to set up their own lottery first then join the Euromillions.
                    What? NO! You may take our banks, but you'll NEVER TAKE OOR SCRATCHIES!!! FREEEEDOOOOM!
                    Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      There are lots of things that have to be split, will cause problems or the Scottish won't be able to participate.

Allegedly it would impact on Scottish athletes appearing in Rio 2016 Olympics in the event of a yes vote, poor timing I guess or poorly thought out. Funny you mentioned the lottery as at the moment it pays for their funding.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X