• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jemb View Post
    ... RUK never left. We, Scotland, will have chosen to leave and that includes a conscious choice to accept the Article 48/49 entry mechanism.
    It's part of the deal of a 'Yes' vote.

If you don't want the UK - that's your choice, but you have to accept there will be consequences.
    Scotland never left either that's my point. We will be negotiating from the inside.

The reason the EU have not come out and said this is they don;'t want to interfere. IF a yes vote happens on Friday the EU will already have a prepared statement accepting Scotland back in

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      I think both will be automatically accepted back in.

Imagine an abusive husband and wife are part of a club, the wife divorces the husband and the club ejects the wife and allows the husband to remain a member. Would be seen as morally wrong.
      Troll.
      Why did I not spot this before?
      Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

I think both will be automatically accepted back in.

Imagine an abusive husband and wife are part of a club, the wife divorces the husband and the club ejects the wife and allows the husband to remain a member. Would be seen as morally wrong.
        this just about sums up the problem with the 'Yes' campaign, simple analogies for complex problems.
        Scotland may well be in the EU, but it won't be simple, it won't be on the same terms as the UK and it won't be quick.

Comment

this just about sums up the problem with the 'Yes' campaign, simple analogies for complex problems.
          Scotland may well be in the EU, but it won't be simple, it won't be on the same terms as the UK and it won't be quick.
          It might well be quick. Or then again it might not be. Depends how much the EU leans on Spain, I expect. And of course I'm assuming that Salmond doesn't pay silly buggers with reneging on the share of the UK debt, or going ahead without a central bank.

Comment

In your opinion, you are a clueless no voter though. DO you think the EU would risk losing the nation with the most resources?

Comment

In your opinion, you are a clueless no voter though. DO you think the EU would risk losing the nation with the most resources?
              Ah, the oil delusion again
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

To be honest, I'm sick of the No campaign using divorce analogies.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  Ah, the oil delusion again
                  Yes, that damn oil. What a burden to have

Comment

You are probably right, but of course there is a risk that you're wrong. Nothing is guaranteed.

But remember, it is probably not a matter for the EU, but for every single one of the 28 members to agree (and agree promptly). That, I think, is where your risks are. Did you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      You are probably right, but of course there is a risk that you're wrong. Nothing is guaranteed.

But remember, it is probably not a matter for the EU, but for every single one of the 28 members to agree (and agree promptly). That, I think, is where your risks are. Did you know that?
                      EU decides, they can whip everyone into line.

Comment

Working...
                      X