• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jemb View Post
    Orangemen are a tad anachronistic - as a catholic I find them difficult to understand, I wish they'd go away - but they have their traditions.
    it's the tribe innit ? the power of the tribe.
    the allure of the tribe.

Salmon is rubbish if the best he can do is take scotland in two weeks. at Culloden we took it in two hours

puts tin hat on, gumshield in
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
      Orangemen are a tad anachronistic - as a catholic I find them difficult to understand, I wish they'd go away - but they have their traditions.
      And here is their Ghanaian youth wing.

I don't like the OO, but there is a story that in the 1970's the National Front requested a meeting with the OO to discuss a political link up, and the OO sent their most senior black member to tell them where to go. I hope it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I don't like the OO, but there is a story that in the 1970's the National Front requested a meeting with the OO to discuss a political link up, and the OO sent their most senior black member to tell them where to go. I hope it's true.
        I've heard it's a true story, they also told UKIP to stick it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I recall living in South Africa when the USA appointed a new ambassador, who just happened to be black. That made things a bit difficult
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Was not in town last week, seems to be quite a bit of yes stuff going on today. The 2 stalls I seen about 50% of the signs were pretty much "end London rule" and "sack the tories." I don't know what it is like to live in the Crimea just now but some people clearly think we are on a par with it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Here is your successful economy here...

( i'm sorry it is small )

It is a feckin shambles and that is with the oil included. The SNP openly state we put in more than we receive. We don't and have not for a generation made more than we get.
              Serious question on the figs you have given us here:

Are the 'Scottish' figures actually worked out correctly, i.e. all income tax, NI, corporation tax, VAT, alcohol duty, cigarette duty and loads of others I can't be arsed thinking of included ?

Because, if they are, that would mean that in 21/22 years, Scotland would have an accumulated debt roughly similar to the UK for the first 9 months of this year.

if you removed Scotland's share of the UK debt servicing from your figures, that would indicate that we should have become independent in 1979 and would be a tulip load better off now.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Part of me hopes they go as I've thrived more under pure Conservative government (rather than coalition).

What will Alex Salmond do when it turns to tulip though?
                A) Apologise to all
                B) Blame the English
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Part of me hopes they go as I've thrived more under pure Conservative government (rather than coalition).

A) Apologise to all
                  B) Blame the English
                  C) You started it.

The Tories have blamed Labour more or less for one entire term of government. So I should think blaming the English for the next 300 years be they way to go.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

A) Apologise to all
                    B) Blame the English
                    I'm Scottish - read the invective from the 'Yes' voters on this site.

It'll be 'B'.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Serious question on the figs you have given us here:

Are the 'Scottish' figures actually worked out correctly, i.e. all income tax, NI, corporation tax, VAT, alcohol duty, cigarette duty and loads of others I can't be arsed thinking of included ?

Because, if they are, that would mean that in 21/22 years, Scotland would have an accumulated debt roughly similar to the UK for the first 9 months of this year.

if you removed Scotland's share of the UK debt servicing from your figures, that would indicate that we should have become independent in 1979 and would be a tulip load better off now.
                      ...both posts - what a load of inane drivel.

Comment

Working...
                      X