• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the important point of forum union?

This is cUK after all....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      But that is not what is being offered.

I have been on stag nights with more planning than this. The SNP are hiding behind raw ugly nationalism refusing to answer questions.
      Is it possible to attend any night out less planned than this....
      Last edited by eek; 2 September 2014, 19:20.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Salmond couldn't piss in a straight line, let alone run a country.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          What about the important point of forum union?

This is cUK after all....
          Good point. We'll just have to be crUK. Or else charge the scots higher subscription fees. What with them being better off an all...

Comment

All this talk about 'if they want to go their own seperate ways, let them'

Dont forget one of the most horrible wars fought in the last 150 years was to keep a country together, when a bit of it wanted to leave. That was the American civil war.

I'm not suggesting that we batter the jocks again, but keep one eyeball on the history folks
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              All this talk about 'if they want to go their own seperate ways, let them'

Dont forget one of the most horrible wars fought in the last 150 years was to keep a country together, when a bit of it wanted to leave. That was the American civil war.

I'm not suggesting that we batter the jocks again, but keep one eyeball on the history folks
              I think England vs Scotland would be a bit more one-sided than the American civil war
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Plus we're a bit more civilised than the Yanks.

Comment

Fantastic article

Imagine the question posed the other way round. An independent nation is asked to decide whether to surrender its sovereignty to a larger union. It would be allowed a measure of autonomy, but key aspects of its governance would be handed to another nation. It would be used as a military base by the dominant power and yoked to an economy over which it had no control.

It would have to be bloody desperate.

Scots voting no to independence would be an astonishing act of self-harm | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    Plus we're a bit more civilised than the Yanks.
                    lol. yep.

My dads greatest wish was to leave his kids with no worries and no sh!te in their lives.
                    so he went to war
                    I have had no worries or sh1te in my life
                    so i went to bed

loop
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wouldn't saber rattling by the unionists be the bigger worry, then? Besides, Scotland hasn't really got much going for it that Westminster would want, other than oil, and even then the dazzle of the whole fracking "miracle" has its attention for now. The only crime Scotland inflicts on the world these days is Salmond, and maybe Haggis, whereas in the US' case the North, whatever its actual motivations (which were economic more than anything else), made ample use of the pretext of ending slavery.

Comment

Working...
                      X