• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    So do I, in case it escaped your notice, I'm an Islander too.
    Aren't we all?
    Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Bang goes their gravy train of North Sea Oil
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

From memory the western isles have a different viewpoint on the mainland. I will grant you that its been years so I've been there (given the option we usually head to Northern Ireland)...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So you have a chip on both shoulders
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Interesting article.....could, might, maybe, possibly.

I think we've already established earlier in this thread that currency union is pretty much a 'must' for rUk as much as it is for Scotland.

I don't expect you to get this, but, when we see phrases like 'Both party leaders (Cameron/Milliband) agree that there will not be a currency union', while at the same time Proud Edward Milliband is coming here to address his subjects and telling them that there are no protests against NHS privatisation in England, while south of the border Andy Burnham is attending such protests and is seen on the TV doing it, we take a lot of the 'this might happen' stories with a pinch of salt.

Cameron has already told us that the BBC will not be showing Doctor Who or Eastenders in Scotland if we vote yes, we'll have to drive on the right and Milliband had a headline about how there might be armed guards at the border in a fortnight.

Had the major UK parties not started this campaign by bombing us with utter bollocks, things might not be as they are today.

Truth of the matter is, no one knows what Cameron's (and rUK government's) position will be on currency if there is a Yes vote. Cameron and Osborne are severely damaging rUKs financial position with the rubbish that they're currently spouting. What track record do either of them have to make anyone want to believe them ?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              From memory the western isles have a different viewpoint on the mainland. I will grant you that its been years so I've been there (given the option we usually head to Northern Ireland)...
              See above, I'm not from the mainland :-)

On a serious note though, I think you'll see that there's been a major shift in the Western Isles to 'Yes' in the last few weeks, as there has been in most places.

The 'No' campaign is completely fragmented and they are now starting to blame each other for losing the lead they had.

I would expect the Western Isles to be about as close as everywhere else will be.

Comment

Interesting article.....could, might, maybe, possibly.

I think we've already established earlier in this thread that currency union is pretty much a 'must' for rUk as much as it is for Scotland.

I don't expect you to get this, but, when we see phrases like 'Both party leaders (Cameron/Milliband) agree that there will not be a currency union', while at the same time Proud Edward Milliband is coming here to address his subjects and telling them that there are no protests against NHS privatisation in England, while south of the border Andy Burnham is attending such protests and is seen on the TV doing it, we take a lot of the 'this might happen' stories with a pinch of salt.

Cameron has already told us that the BBC will not be showing Doctor Who or Eastenders in Scotland if we vote yes, we'll have to drive on the right and Milliband had a headline about how there might be armed guards at the border in a fortnight.

Had the major UK parties not started this campaign by bombing us with utter bollocks, things might not be as they are today.

Truth of the matter is, no one knows what Cameron's (and rUK government's) position will be on currency if there is a Yes vote. Cameron and Osborne are severely damaging rUKs financial position with the rubbish that they're currently spouting. What track record do either of them have to make anyone want to believe them ?
                So the harsh realities of facing the currency question are hidden by a tirade against the English

Comment

Originally posted by JustinTime View Post
                  Aren't we all?
                  I know we're not on the same side of the political fence, but I think you'll find that the Scotland isn't actually an Island.

Comment

See above, I'm not from the mainland :-)

On a serious note though, I think you'll see that there's been a major shift in the Western Isles to 'Yes' in the last few weeks, as there has been in most places.

The 'No' campaign is completely fragmented and they are now starting to blame each other for losing the lead they had.

I would expect the Western Isles to be about as close as everywhere else will be.
                    I'm not doubting the yes vote (also said last week I seriously expect it to win), the problem is that I don't think most people voting yes actually understand the consequences. For there will be consequences and they will not be pleasant
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I know we're not on the same side of the political fence, but I think you'll find that the Scotland isn't actually an Island.
                      I still live in a World where the UK is an island.
                      Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Working...
                      X