• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    No, because we don't get a say in anything.
    Health. Education, law, policing, agriculture, fisheries...

Scotland controls pretty much everything itself.

Comment

I hope his confidence isn't misplaced. Go for it Scotland IMO. The consequences of a No vote are too horrible to contemplate.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I hope his confidence isn't misplaced. Go for it Scotland IMO. The consequences of a No vote are too horrible to contemplate.
        So rather like the consequences of a Yes vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          So rather like the consequences of a Yes vote.
          I think that both the Scots and the English will get through it. Spirit of the blitz etc. Keep calm and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            May I ask, who thinks that the Scots / Scotland will become even more hostile to the English if the vote goes "no" ?

I'd rather have Scotland as an ex in an amicable divorce than stay in a relationship with an angry and bitter partner.

It seems unlikely to me that Salmond will accept defeat graciously.
            Are we hostile to the English? I'm sure you get the odd incident but most folk are accepted up here without any animosity. If it was hostile to the English, Edinburgh would be pretty quiet during the festivals.

I've worked a good chunk of the last two decades in England and get on pretty well with most English folk I meet. I don't think we are hostile until we meet at sporting events and that is mostly good natured banter.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Health. Education, law, policing, agriculture, fisheries...

Scotland controls pretty much everything itself.

Comment

Whatever happens next week I think I will be not logging on for a few months, delete twitter from my phone and not watch news for some time as well.

The whole process had been too involving, I think the nation has been gripped by nervous tension and a complete information black out will be required.

Comment

Latest Poll from ICM 51% No 49% yes, not bad after the last few days of Scare onslaught from London.

Scottish referendum too close to call, says ICM poll | Politics | theguardian.com

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    I actually did not read the beginnings of that conversation as I,am on my phone do I could have got it completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Whatever happens next week I think I will be not logging on for a few months, delete twitter from my phone and not watch news for some time as well.

The whole process had been too involving, I think the nation has been gripped by nervous tension and a complete information black out will be required.
                      Just watch the BBC instead. They will go back to ignoring Scotland after the result is announced

Comment

Working...
                      X