• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Most of them are very good with their brief and can talk easily with people in that area of expertise face to face. Most of the time you only see them on TV giving vox pops or answering a journalist's questions which is obviously trimmed down for TV.

I'm not just talking about the SNP MSPs but the other parties as well as I've also attended their events.
    In my experience, most ministers talk tulip about niche areas. She was quite impressive (And very courteous to those of us from the English NHS who sill had a foothold North of the border).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Salmond is a tool, but I once went to a work related conference that Nicola Sturgeon spoke at - a very niche area of healthcare. She was actually the only minister I've ever seen speak who knew what she was on about. Very well briefed and able to answer questions extremely well in an area that would have most hospital consultants completely stumped. Don't know what she's like otherwise.
      Would Mitch?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So Alex Salmon the oil economist told everyone that $110 a barrel was gong to be the norm before the referendum...

We are heading to $60 a barrel and 1/4 of north sea oil production is being shut down. UK oil revenues have been downgrade by £4.5 billion by the chancellor...

I just wanted to give the nationalist a chance to comment on this.
        Last edited by minestrone; 4 December 2014, 23:01. Reason: getting image size

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

So Alex Salmon the oil economist told everyone that $110 a barrel was gong to be the norm before the referendum...

We are heading to $60 a barrel and 1/4 of north sea oil production is being shut down. UK oil revenues have been downgrade by £4.5 billion by the chancellor...

I'm sure they'll tell you that the oil is almost an irrelevant part of the Scottish economy. Merely the cherry on the cake of a diverse and well balanced nation. And then call you a traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            I'm sure they'll tell you that the oil is almost an irrelevant part of the Scottish economy. Merely the cherry on the cake of a diverse and well balanced nation. And then call you a traitor.
            they was robbed ... apparently.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

No one said an independent Scotland would be dependent on oil revenue. You know that as does everyone else. It's even written in the white paper, oil revenue would be seen as a bonus.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  No one said an independent Scotland would be dependent on oil revenue. You know that as does everyone else. It's even written in the white paper, oil revenue would be seen as a bonus.

Its the difference between living in mud huts and tin huts
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Its the difference between living in mud huts and tin huts
                    If it meant not having you London centric types as a neighbour I've live in sandcastle.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I just want to why this great oil economist got it so wrong? Completely wrong.

We can move onto other SNP broken promises if you like?

Comment

Working...
                      X