• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Expect Sturgeon in the next hour.

It will be bitter and divisive as she tries to further her agenda at a completely inappropriate time.
    Are you related?

Comment

"I have been bothering lots of people on the phone"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Are you related?
        Yes.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!

Comment

I always wanted to go back into this thread and pick out some of the more outlandish bulltulip the SNP ( or as in this case their proxy organisation ) produced. This link I found pretty much contains a comprehensive list, all but one of their facts has either been proven a lie or is now untrue.

Comment

I always wanted to go back into this thread and pick out some of the more outlandish bulltulip the SNP ( or as in this case their proxy organisation ) produced. This link I found pretty much contains a comprehensive list, all but one of their facts has either been proven a lie or is now untrue.
              Many of your ilk continue to focus on what Scotland has been rather than what it could be. Indeed, if Scotland is such a burden on the UK, what not cut it free?

Scotland could never be independent with the current economics. The current day economy supports services across the UK, not just for Scotland. The public sector needs drastic culling on independence day. To continue to make people dependent on debt (which the country is accumulating at an unstoppable rate) is the real crime here.

The irony here is unionists are the most dependent on the public sector, which means we need to borrow more.

SNP needs to focus on cutting back the public sector and focus on job growth in the private sector before independence comes back. The Brexit business may accelerate if we're taken out the EU, which would be drastic for small business in Scotland.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Many of your ilk continue to focus on what Scotland has been rather than what it could be. Indeed, if Scotland is such a burden on the UK, what not cut it free?

Scotland could never be independent with the current economics. The current day economy supports services across the UK, not just for Scotland. The public sector needs drastic culling on independence day. To continue to make people dependent on debt (which the country is accumulating at an unstoppable rate) is the real crime here.

The irony here is unionists are the most dependent on the public sector, which means we need to borrow more.

SNP needs to focus on cutting back the public sector and focus on job growth in the private sector before independence comes back. The Brexit business may accelerate if we're taken out the EU, which would be drastic for small business in Scotland.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Same argument for the UK in the EU, which you are determined to stop us leaving even though that's what we voted for.

Personally, if the Scots want to leave then let them. Unlike the EU with us, I would hope we could arrange good relations and sensible trading (tariff free). I would see no reason to attempt to punish Scotland if it dared to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    Same argument for the UK in the EU, which you are determined to stop us leaving even though that's what we voted for.

Personally, if the Scots want to leave then let them. Unlike the EU with us, I would hope we could arrange good relations and sensible trading (tariff free). I would see no reason to attempt to punish Scotland if it dared to go.
                    Exactly if they want to go then go.

In fact if they did and we negotiated decent deals with them maybe we could use it as a blueprint for Brexit.

At the very least we should be able to help Scotland repatriate all the homeless bums that line the streets of our fair cities.

Comment

Interesting new strategy emerges today, the economy is no longer important...

Utter madness.

Comment

Working...
                      X