• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Yes
    The more of your posts I read, the more I get wound up and hopeful in equal measure. Your level of honesty is something the Yes campaign could really do with.......

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I'm pro-schadenfreude.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        This just in. They've signed a vow!

David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg sign joint historic promise which guarantees more devolved powers for Scotland and protection of NHS if we vote No - Daily Record

PS: either Nick Clegg needs to use a better biro, or he has a really shaky hand.
        There is no guarantee that those three will be in office soon. Even if they are, the majority in the HoC could vote against new powers, or the HoL could vote against new powers.

The vow is not worth the paper it's written on (or the paper it's written in)

They had the chance to put these options on the ballot paper but refused saying it was a red line issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Only monopolies or cartels can charge what they can get away with. Scotland has potentially 3-4 trillion pounds worth of oil they will be viewed as a safe bet..
          OFFS experts on both sides disagree on the level of oil available.

This is something I DO understand. If governments default on debt they are viewed as a MASSIVE risk and the markets will price accordingly. It's economics 101 ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I'm enjoying this immensely, and I'll be really disappointed if it's a No, just because I'd hate to miss how this turns out.
            Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              There is no guarantee that those three will be in office soon. Even if they are, the majority in the HoC could vote against new powers, or the HoL could vote against new powers.

The vow is not worth the paper it's written on (or the paper it's written in)

They had the chance to put these options on the ballot paper but refused saying it was a red line issue.
              No guarantee at all. It's all about balancing risk isn't it? Same as CU, sterlingisation and EU membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Don't confuse him with higher cost base and less competition. Because he knows competition will keep prices the same or even drive them lower!
                Sweden has the cheapest AND fastest internet in the world. You are buying the scare stories being fed to you because you have a weak mind and are an imbecile.
                Last edited by Unix; 16 September 2014, 10:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  How silly of me, I should have known better. In iScotland hyperbole will overcome economics.
                  Sweden has the cheapest AND fastest internet in the world. You are buying the scare stories being fed to you because you have a weak mind and are an imbecile.

How did Sweden overcome economics, is it a miracle? Or is it more likely a sheep knows more about economic than you?

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Same here!
                    Have you put a bet on to make it interesting? You can get 7/2 on a Yes vote. Scottish Independence Referendum Betting Odds | Oddschecker

I went in at 5/2 after Yes was ahead in an opinion poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                      Competition will ensure the price remains the same, if not lower. This is the same crap the supermarkets pulled, all it takes is one to not put their prices up and they soak up all the customers.
                      Not if the underlying cost to the businesses is increased. They all have target profit margins.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X