• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored? Burnt out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had enough of doing the same thing for 15 years as permie then contractor. The rate is good and I work at home a lot, but I'm bored and can't do it forever.

So today, I'm starting a 3 day per week contract with a mate's Plan B startup - the rate is awful but it's exciting to be doing something different.

The other two days per week, I'm working on a project for an existing client in the same old same old industry, so I'm not burning any boats, and am maintaining a decent income.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I've had enough of doing the same thing for 15 years as permie then contractor. The rate is good and I work at home a lot, but I'm bored and can't do it forever.

So today, I'm starting a 3 day per week contract with a mate's Plan B startup - the rate is awful but it's exciting to be doing something different.

The other two days per week, I'm working on a project for an existing client in the same old same old industry, so I'm not burning any boats, and am maintaining a decent income.
      That sounds bloody wonderful to me actually.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
        That sounds bloody wonderful to me actually.
        It's going to be a lot of fun I hope. My mate has been working on this for 12 years and has got some investment money in and a good sniff of a huge contract. I'll be 3k per month down financially but I don't really care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          It's going to be a lot of fun I hope. My mate has been working on this for 12 years and has got some investment money in and a good sniff of a huge contract. I'll be 3k per month down financially but I don't really care.
          fill you boots with shares?

good luck!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just be glad your not permy.
            I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              fill you boots with shares?

good luck!
              Thanks. If things work out, we may look at permie with share options. As it is, I've agreed an end of contract payment (in addition to daily rate) if certain goals are achieved.

1st day today. A lot of fun to be away from the hum drum and in a company of two people + me working for 7 or 8 figure deals.

Comment

Working...
              X