• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ice Bucket Challenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    It does to me. I give money to charity because I want to, and I believe in what the charity is doing. I'm not going to be coerced into giving money to a charity because somebody has dumped cold water over their head and said my name. And if I do go along with it and nominate someone else and they decide to give to a charity that I actively disagree with, then in my eyes I've done more harm than good.
    I'm with Patrick Stewart on this one.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

some hilarious fails here!

Ice-bucket challenge fails: 20 of the best videos so far - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        I don't need to be nominated to give to charity and I don't think people know exactly how much of their money goes on actual research.
        Only 28% goes on research! and The CEO of the ALS ice bucket charity makes $339k / year from you.

Revenue from all sources for the fiscal year of The ALS Association ending January 31, 2014 was $29,102,318. Total expenditures for the fiscal year were $26,204,122
        KUATB

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I was growing rather tired of the ice bucket thing until a rather well endowed friend posted a video on Facebook without realising quite how sheer the top she was wearing was
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Protestors strip to promote the ANTI Ice Bucket campaign in China - where the fundraising stunt is seen as a huge waste of water

Protestors strip to promote the ANTI Ice Bucket campaign in China | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I was growing rather tired of the ice bucket thing until a rather well endowed friend posted a video on Facebook without realising quite how sheer the top she was wearing was
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Friend me quick, before she realises :P

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFeox3n9XI

Comment

lol

Farmer's daughter sprayed with SLURRY for ice bucket challenge instead of water | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                      I don't need to be nominated to give to charity and I don't think people know exactly how much of their money goes on actual research.
                      Only 28% goes on research! and The CEO of the ALS ice bucket charity makes $339k / year from you.

Revenue from all sources for the fiscal year of The ALS Association ending January 31, 2014 was $29,102,318. Total expenditures for the fiscal year were $26,204,122
                      Here in the UK we call it Motor Neurone Disease, and we have our own charity to donate to: Helping us make a difference | Donate | MND Association

Comment

Working...
                      X