• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terraform Mars ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well maybe we can leave the nay sayers here on earth grubbing around in the sand looking for liquified dinosaur and starting wars over whose imaginary friend is best....

while the enlightened from society can continue to grow the species on a number of different planets.

I know it is kicking the can down the road - and the ultimate fate of the universe is heat death (assuming a consistent expanding universe) but as that is far in the future and maybe by then we will have gained enough intelligence to even get around this.

However if we all stay on this rock and become extinct we do not even give ourselves that chance and so the attitude based around
    "And as far as the species is concerned - while I might value human progress, the species will always come second to myself. "
    is pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      well maybe we can leave the nay sayers here on earth grubbing around in the sand looking for liquified dinosaur and starting wars over whose imaginary friend is best....

while the enlightened from society can continue to grow the species on a number of different planets.

I know it is kicking the can down the road - and the ultimate fate of the universe is heat death (assuming a consistent expanding universe) but as that is far in the future and maybe by then we will have gained enough intelligence to even get around this.

However if we all stay on this rock and become extinct we do not even give ourselves that chance and so the attitude based around is pretty lame.

newsflash... you'll be dead. You're building castles in the sky (which is 'pretty lame').

Comment

Ah, the kind of enlightened society which dictates what everyone has to think. I'm fairly sure a few rulers have tried to create such "utopia" before, Stalin springs to mind
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My favourite scene is in The Matrix when agent Smith describes to Morpheus that humans aren't mammals, but act as if it were a virus, destroying everything it moves to, instead of living in symbiosis with its surroundings.

Comment

Working...
          X