• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women don't reverse - leave it to your husband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast do you have to reverse to kill someone?

even the adverts say that if you hit a child at 20 rather than 30 they are way more likely to live

seems a strange tragedy thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      How fast do you have to reverse to kill someone?

even the adverts say that if you hit a child at 20 rather than 30 they are way more likely to live

seems a strange tragedy thats for sure
      About 2mph if they crack their head off a kerb on the way down. C'mon, people get killed after a single punch.

Comment

not a 2 mph punch they don't

don't get me wrong it is a tragedy but I just cannot fathom how this would happen....

if ever I am in my car and know my kids are around you just make sure you can see them or they are well out of the way and then you move slowly and keep an ear out for screams

Comment

Not sure what the kid was doing outside the car?

Comment

the question is how much force do you need to kill someone.

between a 1 tonne car and a wall a lot of force can be exerted even at low speeds.

Same if you actually run someone over.

If you are hit by a car you tend to be pushed away which results in a much lower force being applied to your vital areas.
            Last edited by vetran; 14 August 2014, 11:58.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Brillopad you have my sympathies. It is all too easy to joke about the wrong subject, especially on here, resulting in a lot of wet blankets on here getting upset.

I'm sure you can avoid upsetting them in future. I have managed it for the past few weeks at least, though it's only a matter of time before I put my foot in it again

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Why don't you just **** off you dull ****?
                I'd say that saying that is worse than Brillo's original comment. Unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  That is because you are a dull ****.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    In this case I'd say it was fair comment. Brillo likes to stir it up, and he's picked the wrong topic.
                    Again.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      not a 2 mph punch they don't

it's not the speed of the punch - it's the fall that comes with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X