• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B’Liar to go…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Are you reading American Psycho at the moment, or is it something else?
    Yep, it's American Psycho. Word for word quotes. Come on Jabber, at least be original in your insanity.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Are you reading American Psycho at the moment, or is it something else?
      And on that note, I wonder just what it is that tips people over the edge?
      Chemical imbalance, just can't be arsed to hold back any more, too much internal noise? I know that my blood pressure drops very pleasingly when I stop paying attention to the meeja.
      It applies to Britain as well as America, especially London. What separates you from a mass murderer - you think the same thoughts, you have the same emotions, you have the same desires. If you run amok with a chainsaw, but it the pain is cerebral, then is it any better ? Is pain purely a physical response ?

Comment

Lots of resigning going on in the Labour ranks. Any bets on Tony going before the end of the month?

Comment

More junior government oiks have jumped ship.

Sitting here looking out the window I see a lovely blue sky. Door is open and it feels like summer has returned. It's a nice day.

I think that this is a message from the Great Maker that things can only get better.

Blair, you cannot reach me now,
          No matter how you try,
          Goodbye cruel Labour,
          Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
            … but when?

Now that the media are on his case, how long before he has to jack it in? Unless he can engineer some mega news story to take the attention away from him (cue-9/11 conspiracy theorists) they are not going to give up on this story. Every other minister has had to do the deed in the end, even if the PM gave his full support.

Just think, it could be as soon as the weekend!

However, I’ll put my money on some (engineered) news story. For example, publicly round up a few more terrorists.

Blimy, in the time it took to write this another junior member of the government has resigned!
            He will stay, until one day after he breaks Mrs T's record for being the longest serving PM. Blair's ego will not allow him to play second fiddle to anybody let alone Mrs T!

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
              He will stay, until one day after he breaks Mrs T's record for being the longest serving PM. Blair's ego will not allow him to play second fiddle to anybody let alone Mrs T!
              Sadly I agree

Comment

He won't last two more years. His authority is sinking fast!

Pity really, he deserves better after saving everyone else from marrying that monster.

Comment

Surely you guys want him in as long as possible (baring another term)?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    Surely you guys want him in as long as possible (baring another term)?
                    Yessir! It's just that some of the others don't realise it yet!

The one thing that did him was saying he wouldn't carry on for a fourth term. What an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      No no no! He mustn't go yet!

I want him to hang on, gradually losing his authority, perpetuating his misery, and dragging his incompetent party lower and lower in the polls.
                      Spot on - As some guy said in the Telegraph today, Blair is starting to resemble Adolph in his bunker in the dying days of WW2, scheming counteroffensives with imaginary divisions, while the Russian guns on the outskirts of the city grow ever louder ..

Actually, I can see him resigning and wanting to announce a snap general election, to stuff GB and the Labour party if he could, although I'm not sure whether the Queen would be obliged to accede to that. I'd imagine there's a kind of sliding scale of acceptability between 0 and 1 over a full term, and we're only just over a year into the current term. Also, if there's an "obvious" successor in the ruling party presumably that makes an election even less likely.

Comment

Working...
                      X