• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conflict with permanent staff members

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what a great welcome to the forum. Clearly there are a lot of morons on here.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      You are a contractor, why are you bantering with permies ? Do you also go camping with them and share some donuts ?
      WHS

Keep calm and carry on invoicing. If you're a half decent contractor you earn twice as much as they do or more. This bloke is his employer's problem, not yours. If someone is stupid enough to hire him and pay him then you can't help them. I know it's easier said than done, because you have a conscience, but you'll have to toughen up.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone who uses the word "banter" deserves all they get.

Comment

Originally posted by tinsel84 View Post
          Well what a great welcome to the forum. Clearly there are a lot of morons on here.
          Morning tinsel84. Sorry, when I approved your post last night I should have seen it was in General and not in the professional forums. The clue is in the forum summary:

All hope abandon ye who enter here. Seriously.
          There is sense in the answers if you take the time to read the posts.

Comment

Have you posted your issues on Mumsnet yet?

You might be happier there...

Comment

drivel.......

it is a forum I have read many times as a guest ...

..... More bedwetting drivel.
              Ok so you should know what General is like then.

Uh huh. Whose sockie?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Holy Fook. That was a long post.

What's your point? This ain't Oprah.
                You're right. What he should have done is post a question, then hour by hour add extra bits of detail not mentioned in the OP.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

... To which he just giggled like a ten year old and said "oooh we can't joke about rape any more". I finish in three weeks...
                  I think the correct response is "Laugh this off... " and then kick him in the nuts. While he's writhing on the floor comment "ohhh, we can't joke about being kicked in the nuts any more".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    You're right. What he should have done is post a question, then hour by hour add extra bits of detail not mentioned in the OP.
                    Tried and tested.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

No, I think that's quite a good answer. He might not find it all so amusing.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X