• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gardener's Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    And surely all this reluctance by supermarkets to sell distorted fruit and vegetables is a concealed attack on the disabled?
    Some places have decided to start selling potatoes that look like CUK members and carrots that look like deformed willies:

Fruta Feia | Gente bonita come fruta feia

Grocery Store Reduces Food Waste by Featuring Deformed Produce | Care2 Causes - French Grocery Store Intermarché Launches Inglorious Fruits & Vegetables Campaign to Urge People to Eat More Produce | One Green Planet - https://www.intermarche.com/home.html

But they're foreign....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'll certainly buy ones that look like deformed fannies
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I had murder in Tescos today. I pointed out that calling the vegetables, 'vegetables' was derogatory, demeaning and disablist.
        So the absolute idiot in charge asked me what we should call them instead.
        'er - not fruity', i suggested
        'whaat'
        he rolled the sleeves up on his pink shirt

and thats when the fight started
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          There's a bit of a slope on my garden.

I think it's to do with the dutch hoe.
          Even the ground is racist now.