• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Ok, fair enough.

What chance does Russia have if the WW3 breaks out?

In terms of:
    - Warfare
    - Technology
    - Allies

etc
    Without the nuclear option I think they could put up quite a good fight, technologically they're on a par with America pretty much. Also they have that vast snowy expanse that Hitler and Napoleon failed so miserably at trying to invade.

That doesn't count for China possibly getting involved as well, and if the whole NATO block goes against Russia...

I think either way it would be very bad for everyone.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Without the nuclear option I think they could put up quite a good fight, technologically they're on a par with America pretty much. Also they have that vast snowy expanse that Hitler and Napoleon failed so miserably at trying to invade.

That doesn't count for China possibly getting involved as well, and if the whole NATO block goes against Russia...
      It is the same region, but better technology with the US innit?!

China is like a prostitute on the dole.

Comment

Russia has the largest stockpile of nukes in the world at the moment. So in a hotwar I'd say they win on paper.

I genuinely don't think Putin wants WW3. It's only that maniac in the white house who'd be crazy enough.

America is bankrupt, their currency is worthless and they have nothing to lose. It's a tulip or bust situation for them, which on the face of it looks very much like WW3 is a distinct possibility.

This is why I started the thread.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Russia has the largest stockpile of nukes in the world at the moment. So in a hotwar I'd say they win on paper.

I genuinely don't think Putin wants WW3. It's only that maniac in the white house who'd be crazy enough.

America is bankrupt, their currency is worthless and they have nothing to lose. It's a tulip or bust situation for them, which on the face of it looks very much like WW3 is a distinct possibility.

You are an utter and I claim my £5....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You are an utter and I claim my £5....
            Why the unprovoked attack?

What are you claiming 5 pounds for?

Edit : CUKMeme fail

Comment

Why the unprovoked attack?

What are you claiming 5 pounds for?

Edit : CUKMeme fail
              No you are an utter and I'm claiming £5 off you.

It comes from Newspaper competitions held during the summer to keep sales up in seaside resorts see Lobby Lud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I reckon 9 out of 10 if them won't go off, cos some worker was pissed up or couldn't be arsed, my better half's mum works in QC in FSU, she says it's an impossible task...

The gas pipelines are falling to bits (cos they just want the money and not fix anything), I've seen them, and I went to Baikonur for a launch (cancelled) and that place was a nightmare, no money is spent improving things like efficiency, it all goes on 'the thing' and 'the thing' in the end doesn't work. I saw the shed where the Russian Shuttle was (is actually) - it 'fell down' and crushed it.

US's tech is streets ahead, tho when it works, FSU's is decent.

Anyway, won't happen, Russia can't afford it, their economy is too immature, in spite of all this posing, the thing that's hurting the most is banking sanctions etc.

Comment

Update on the 'information war':

More money, more problems? ? RT Op-Edge

Western media are complaining that the Kremlin propaganda machine is outspending it (with their bankrupt economy) to twist and distort people's minds and how it's oh so terribly hard to counter it.

The former head of BBC World complains to The Guardian that the World Service is being “financially outgunned” by foreign news channels, RT included, and “Britain and the US are losing a global ‘information war’ with the Kremlin.”

RT is “lavishly funded,” echoes US government-financed Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. The Netherlands is funding research on “how the EU can fight back against Russia’s ‘information war’” carried out by “well-funded Russian broadcasters, such as RT,” while a NATO official laments to the Financial Times that it takes “20 or so people in NATO’s public diplomacy team” to try “to counter an organized, multi-faceted, well-funded Russian operation that is going on across the world.”
                  However in actual fact:

RT’s 2015 budget is 13.85 billion rubles. At current exchange rates this is roughly equivalent to $220 million / €193 million / £143 million. Let’s compare this to the US’ Broadcasting Board of Governors and the UK’s BBC World Service – the foreign news broadcasters of their respective governments.The BBG and the BBC World Service have repeatedly invoked RT’s financing while calling for increased government support of their own efforts. Yet for 2015 the BBG receives $721 million from the US government, and the BBC World Service budget, now subsidized by the UK public via the license fee, stands at £245 million ($375 million) a year.
                  Doesn't this say it all about the Western media?

You can't fool all the people all the time - we swallowed the Iraq MWD thing, the Libya thing they got through without much trouble, the 2013 Syria invasion (eventually blocked by Russia) was a stretch - this whole ISIS business is really quite dodgy - and now they want us to buy in to WW3 against Russia?

Fook that and fook them.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Update on the 'information war':

More money, more problems? ? RT Op-Edge

Western media are complaining that the Kremlin propaganda machine is outspending it (with their bankrupt economy) to twist and distort people's minds and how it's oh so terribly hard to counter it.

However in actual fact:

Doesn't this say it all about the Western media?

You can't fool all the people all the time - we swallowed the Iraq MWD thing, the Libya thing they got through without much trouble, the 2013 Syria invasion (eventually blocked by Russia) was a stretch - this whole ISIS business is really quite dodgy - and now they want us to buy in to WW3 against Russia?

Fook that and fook them.
                    AAAAAAAAAAMen

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      No you are an utter and I'm claiming £5 off you.

It comes from Newspaper competitions held during the summer to keep sales up in seaside resorts see Lobby Lud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      Nah. CUKMemefail.

Comment

Working...
                      X