• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021-03-31 US Army Raises Europe Threat Level To 'Potential Imminent Crisis' On Ukraine-Russia Fears

This week the US European Command (EUCOM) has issued a notification of a raised 'threat level' in Europe. The designation has been officially raised to one of "potential imminent crisis" this week. It comes just as The New York Times and others are reporting a serious escalation in fighting in Eastern Ukraine, which has signaled the collapse of yet another cease-fire.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 31 March 2021, 23:44.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

2021-04-04 'This crisis has the potential to escalate into a pan-European or world war': Russian military analyst claims Moscow's build-up of troops and tanks on the Ukranian border could turn hot within as little as four weeks

A European or even World War could be triggered in four in Ukraine after Russia dispatched 4,000 to the disputed border with its neighbour, warns an independent Russian military analyst.

It comes as social media footage footage shows suspected large scale Russian military movements in regions close to rebel-held eastern Ukraine and annexed Crimea.

Comment

Good time for oil and gas embargo and remove it only in exchange for nukes

Comment

Iran increasing enrichment to 60%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56743560

There's only one reason to enrich to 60% and that's so you can get it to 90%.

Still haven't heard if they want some Cobalt Thorium G though.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Article from 14 April…

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
              I've been chatting about this with mates and we were trying to decide the best survival skills to have when WW3 comes? And if you were in a group who would you keep or kick out
              (e.g)
              Teacher or Doctor ? Who can contribute to the group?
              Farmer or MMA fighter ? Who would keep you alive the longest?
              Ex Commando or Stripper ? Who would you shack up with?

You can only pick 3...
              A doctor these days would be almost helpless without drugs to prescribe, whereas a teacher who knew a lot about medicinal herbs and edible wild food could be more of an asset (not that many teachers probably know much about either, but just sayin' )

Farmer

(Female) Stripper, because an ex-commando would probably start trying to run the whole show instead of me!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

A doctor these days would be almost helpless without drugs to prescribe, whereas a teacher who knew a lot about medicinal herbs and edible wild food could be more of an asset (not that many teachers probably know much about either, but just sayin' )

Farmer

(Female) Stripper, because an ex-commando would probably start trying to run the whole show instead of me!
                You'd want a doctor with field medic skills, as they're far more practical at day to day patching up. I'd expect the ex-commando to have some knowledge in that way.

I think your argument about doctors is equally applicable to farmers, in that many are now machinery led rather than actual hands-on. Unless you get a hill farmer who is happy to birth a radioactive three headed lamb.

The MMA fighter would be spending their time complaining about not getting enough protein and working out to be of any practical use.

Strippers can be practical. Use her to keep the commando under control.

Comment

I'd pick the teacher, the mma fighter and the commando because the mma fighter and the commando would kill each other and the teacher wouldn't be able to revive them. Subsequently, the teacher would die eating wild mushrooms or some such because they only taught art class. Perfect isolation.

Comment

I think we should be more realistic about who would be available. I think the options should be:
                    1) a hairdresser
                    2) supermarket cashier
                    3) an accountant
                    4) a sales rep.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      I think we should be more realistic about who would be available. I think the options should be:
                      1) a hairdresser
                      2) supermarket cashier
                      3) an accountant
                      4) a sales rep.
                      Wot? No telephone sanitiser?
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X